Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

1 Like

Love the way Liverpool does business now especially with the Jota / Fabinho deals and now this.

No indication that we are in the race for the player
 Presumably to avoid a bidding war with the likes of Man Utd and then do the contract when the other clubs least expect it

2 Likes

Actually, they were 24 and 25 respectively, with Salah having just turned 25 (a week after his 25th birthday). Luis Diaz turned 25 15 days ago, an interesting parallel.

EDIT: @wyld.at.hrt beat me to it, I really should stick to my principle of reading through the full thread before commenting

2 Likes

Who else has he recommended previously?

Obviously players are going to be sold to pay for this. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

He was influential in us signing Aspas, Ilori, Markovic, Moreno, Teixeira, Juanma, and Alberto.

Has to get one right. Law of averages etc etc

2 Likes

Cue ‘Breaking: Diaz in Newcastle for medical after 60m bid accepted and a salary of 300K offered to Diaz. Diaz: I have always admired the work Howe did with Bournemouth and excited to play a part to build an exciting project’

Well he is either manes or Salah replacement.

2 Likes

BBC live transfer news buzzing with this:

Lots of reputable chat this morning suggesting that Porto and Colombia winger Luis Diaz is on his way to Liverpool.

According to Portuguese daily sport newspaper O Jogo, the 25-year-old will be arriving at Anfield for a fee of ÂŁ37.4m plus add ons amounting to another ÂŁ12.5m.

Liverpool are trying to sign Colombia winger Luis Diaz from Porto.

The deal is expected to be worth €45m (£37.4m) plus a maximum of €15m in potential bonuses.

The Reds were planning to wait until the summer to sign Diaz but have moved to sign him because it was clear if they didn’t act this window the player would move elsewhere.

Mane most likely.

3 Likes

That’s the spirit Walshy lad.

6 Likes

mayn
this is nice if it goes thru

Wow, this escalated quickly :rofl:

Very reliable reports so seems like this one is actually happening. Even if he plays a minimal role the rest of this season, it should mean he’s settled and ready to go for the start of next season, which is nice.

Interesting that he plays in Mane’s position, as does Carvalho. Seems like we’ve decided Mane is the most replaceable of our front 3 (although wouldn’t be surprised to see Jota become first choice CF now also)

2 Likes

Just how badly was Mané concussed?!

4 Likes

i think this is more long-term planning. we were going to bid in the summer but spurs forced our hand. i think either mane or firmino is being fazed out or sold

1 Like

With possible sales of Minamino, Origi and Phillips in the coming days maybe we’d balance the books on this deal.
:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

3 Likes

Rumour seems to be that Porto are determinted to sell now and other clubs (Man United?) are ready to fork out now hence forcing our hand.

It’s a lot of money but I don’t think this is necessarily a panic buy. I expect he is seen as a long-term replacement for ManĂ©. Who else do we have in that position at the moment? Jota has played there. There’s Mateusz MusiaƂowski in the U23 squad but I expect he’s one for the future.

I think this could be a good move but don’t expect to see him jump in the starting XI unless ManĂ© comes back in pieces.

When the beeb comes out with something like that
 not a done deal yet, but it seems serious enough.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPDlkoGnW4

3 Likes