Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

Liverpool’s assistant sporting director Julian Ward has led the club’s negotiations for Luis Diaz alongside sporting director Michael Edwards. [Paul Joyce - Times]

If the deal is completed, it will be seen as a big coup for Julian Ward, who will take over as Liverpool sporting director when Michael Edwards leaves in the summer. Ward had led on the move for Diaz, while Edwards has played an important role in support, as per BBC Sport.

5 Likes

I believe it when I see it, we all know that Klopp is not a fan -think van Dijk is the exception- of big winter transfers. I did not notice him when we played Porto but I have the tendency to only watch our guys. :upside_down_face:

Still 3 days to get it done

Interesting read on the lad.

3 Likes

Just paid a bit of attention to this guy…

Ok ok i know it’s YouTube but fucking hell

Look at the first 3-4 goals. Outrageous

https://youtu.be/MxYnv8kPLW8

7 Likes

1 Like

Also a definitive article on The Athletic by Ornstein

2 Likes

So he’s no good with his head, then? :wink:

2 Likes

No Nkunku or Raphinha in the summer then :cry:

Seems to be a target that Liverpool had to make the transfer earlier than they planned.

Because the manures and tottenham were trying to sign him as well as Porto needing to get money with their FFP issues.

Looks like there’s only a couple of midfielders that Liverpool be looking for in the summer window.

Holy shit :flushed:. Imagine those first 3 in his debut for us, the caf would explode!

1 Like

The sales of Origi and Phillips alone could get us somewhere in the region of 27. If those two go through

He seems to have a hell of a shot on his left foot. The way he drifts in and takes a shot looks a bit like a more energetic version of Coutinho.

5 Likes

Let me be the one to introduce you to the word curmudgeon. I think you may find it handy if you ever write your CV in English :wink:

Klopp proper wants the Carabao cup mate. He’s gone all in.

2 Likes

Origi will be a free agent in the summer, doubt we will get any significant amount if he is sold this month.

1 Like

Liverpool have tracked Luis Díaz for a number of seasons and the Colombian international impressed in the Champions League group games between the sides earlier this campaign.

Porto had been asking for a guaranteed fee of about £50 million for Díaz previously, but have now dropped their valuation to an initial fee of nearer £37.5 million plus performance-related bonuses in the region of £12.5 million.

[Paul Joyce - Times]

1 Like

10 for DO 15 for NP

there is still an option that Origi’s contract can be automatically extended for a year if he makes some fixed appearances by the season end.

1 Like
1 Like

Ah, but he did not score in the biggest game of them all. :innocent: