Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

He’s probably feeling a bit whoozy right now.

I wonder if this will result in Minamino shipping out this month? Probably not.

Yes. The rules on limits are around registration for competitions. Clubs can sign as many overseas players as they want, but are limited in how many it can actually use during a given period.

Lovely we are now at the point we let other clubs spend all window negotiating to come in at the end and nail the deal… mother fucking huge club.

9 Likes

Found it weird that Spurs were in for him considering Son in his position, although who knows if Conte maybe saw him more as the right sided forward.

We’ll see what this means for Mane in the short term and what for Jota in the long term. I think it might raise chances for Bobby to stay or at least that we go in the final year with him.

Still wouldn’t be sure that we’re selling Mane, because Diaz bloody needs to show first that he’s quality.

For Jota, yeah, it might mean that we see him more central than on the left, although that doesn’t have to be all decided right now, it can change with time.

So we still have half a season ahead, this could be a signal for some things to happen (namely Mane), but I believe some things might change until the summer.

1 Like

Reportedly we let Porto defer paying the fee for Grujic until this up coming summer.

Mikey Edwards playing 3-D chess out here. Let them take one of our deadwood last summer, don’t worry about paying for him now we’re sure you’ll be good for it in a years time. Meanwhile he knows FFP is coming to bite them and we can swoop in for their prized asset when we’re ready to help alleviate their financial troubles and £10m of the deal is already paid for.

Man’s a genius.

9 Likes

Apparently Julian Ward has taken the lead on this with Edwards as his wingman.

What a fucking wingman by the way

6 Likes

This guy seems more of a left forward… think he could be long term replacement for Mane

That 10M would probably be our upfront payment for Diaz given how the transfers are structured nowadays.

Going into 22/23 season with Mane, Salah, Jota, Firmino, Diaz, and Gordon :thinking:

#FSGOut

5 Likes

Sadly, I think Mane will go to pay for Salah’s deal.

Matheus should be in there or thereabouts as well. Mostly means that Mane is being replaced.

1 Like

I guess that’s inevitable. Salah has proven to be the better forward for Liverpool among the two. With the improvements he’s made , he’s certainly due for a big payday.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

#FSGout

I would think the combined fees for Origi (if he is sold before the summer), Minamino, Neco, Ojo and Nat would cover the fee.

Carvalho and Bissouma/Tchouameni in the summer spending our usual £40m would give us a brilliant squad.

Massive improvement in depth for our foreword line.

Let’s hope we can keep them all, a team challenging on all front needs this kind of depth these days. It stresses me out when people adopt the ‘one in one out policy’ and try sell off our best players in this forum!

2 Likes

All LFC need is a couple of midfielders now , english preferably to have a pretty decent transfer window the coming summer.

The Carvalho kid from Fulham seems one possibility given that he’s running down his contract at Fulham and Liverpool have been noted to have interest.

Someone like Bellingham would really be incredible if he comes though.

1 Like

Got a TIA notification about this not long ago.

I had no idea this was on, it had never even entered my mind, but now that I am aware, this transfer is more important to me than signing Mo, or in fact, my own children.

3 Likes

Is it fair that we could end up with TWO Portuguese players better than Utd’s two??

2 Likes

Whoops.

Will leave that post there to show what a dumb cunt I am.

7 Likes