Luis Suarez (Luis Alberto Suarez)

So you think Sakho’s actions were worse that Suarez? For reference?

Klopp wanted Sakho out.
That is clear.
His attitude stank, that is also clear?

I don’t believe Suarez would have orchestrated a move under Klopp. His sense of ambition would have been matched.

And I’m 50/50 that Klopp would have shipped him out under his well known rule.

He was already good mates with Messi prior to the switch.

1 Like

Suarez for all his goal scoring exploits was very unselfish. Perfect team player

2 Likes

Luis and his wife had targeted him getting a move to Barca since they were teenagers and her family left Uruguay to go to live there. He credits her moving as the impetus to start taking football seriously as he viewed it as the only avenue he had for them all to be together again. They married when he was still at Ajax, but just because they were reunited as a couple didn’t mean the goal had changed.

I don’t think there was ever a way we could have convinced him to to ignore their overtures.

3 Likes

Thats very much an opinion. My belief is that he would have relished playing under Klopp, and Klopp would have developed his game even further.
The Barcelona ambition was always there, but success at Liverpool would have tempered that.

If mates at the other club was a big factor, then Bellingham would be ours now!

50/50

Don’t over commit!

Ok, I’m sure Klopp would have kicked him out for being an absolute bellend. You either have a rule or you don’t. Parenting 101, nave make a threat you won’t carry out TO THE LETTER. No dickheads means no Suarez. If you bend the rules for a genius, you undermine the whole concept.

He would not have been a dickhead with Klopp.

For a different thread perhaps?
But threats?
As a parent?

I LOVE people who state as fact that which is not fact. Stopping Suarez being himself might have been massively detrimental to his game. You do get that?

You seem to be attributing hard and fast rules to what, as far as I know, has only ever been forum shorthand for the club’s method of ensuring recruitment targets have the right personality. You make it sound like it’s in the club charter or something.

There’s nothing wrong with Suarez’s personality barring hyper-competitiveness on the pitch - lots of people who know him have described him as quiet and humble off the pitch. I don’t believe Klopp would be put off by competitiveness.

7 Likes

Give you a quick example. My mate threatened to remove his daughter’s phone if she carried on talking back and generally being a huge pain. Threat was a week. She didn’t and so had her phone taken of her. Had it back after a day. Guess what……

To be honest mate, it crops up so often I presumed I’d missed a press release from Klopp.

Biting opponents and making Kenny look like a twat is not competitive. Neither is using racist language.

Oh here we go again……

“Negro”

Done.

1 Like

I think Klopp would be all too familiar with what someone might say or do when the red mist descends during a match, unless he’s a massive hypocrite.

Luis was far from being a saint when he crossed that white line, but imho there’s a world of difference between a player who goes too far in the heat of the moment during a game, and one who is constantly and consistently disruptive behind the scenes.

3 Likes

It’s not all so black and white. Football is full of characters not too far from or even worse than Suarez. In the end, nothing stopped him being bought by some of the world’s biggest clubs, us included (and shortly after he bit an opponent, which was possibly what also influenced him being available in January for such a good price). Sometimes it depends what we even see on the pitch or get to know. I believe it’s almost impossible to find a first team squad made of full time saints at that level of football. I don’t think Klopp would have an issue having Suarez.

Hmmmm,

Suarez playing under Klopp at LFC…

they would probably have had a huge touch line rammy every 2nd game,

then Suarez would have done his usual and score a world class goal which wins the game,

and at the end of the game Suarez gets a huge Klopp hug

with the both of them grinning from ear to ear,

and showing their love for each other

1 Like