Luis Suarez (Luis Alberto Suarez)

Lionel says the way Barca got rid of Suarez was a bit snide,tbf Lionel is an expert on being snide so a very qualified comment.

10 Likes

759 senior career games, 462 goals, 266 assists.16 major trophies.

Great white shark. :shark:

4 Likes

He is a complete cunt -
But please understand with that I mean because he plays for somebody else. If he played for us we’d be worshipping him.

5m -
I can’t help but wish that we should have gone in for him as well as / instead of Jota.

Bloke played for Barca for 6 years and is their 3rd highest goal scorer.

We should have got him

1 Like

PS -

What the fucking is Blue bitter Koeman doing.

He is getting rid of all Barca’s decent players.

Shit manager

1 Like

That was still very strange to me, considering 6 months later, he went for free to Sevilla I think.

Debut for Atlético. Came on in the last 20. 2 goals. 1 Assist.

8 Likes

We remember almost all of these clips. We saw them live, then watched and rewatched them multiple times. I get it was a little strange toward the end of his time here, but Suarez was one of my absolute favorites to ever wear the Liverpool shirt. No one can ever question his desire. Absolute madness personified and pure chaos every time he stepped on the pitch.

8 Likes

Liverpool posted this throwback clip on their Instagram today. What absolute savagery from Luis. :heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CME2WyIsolO/?igshid=1hxwu1v1h7ynd

3 Likes
1 Like

For me the best pure shooter of the football I’ve ever seen. From any angle and nearly any part of his foot. Amazing player. Can’t live in the past, though. We need players with their best five years in front of them.

11 Likes

HELL of a player to have for a year or two though. Mane Suarez Mo for a season? Rotating with Jota and Bobby, gorgeous.

2 Likes

I’d take him on a free in a heart beat. 34 but imagine his impact for 1 season.

2 Likes

At his age he would a short term solution but I’d have him yesterday.
No one could ever question his commitment,good for at least 100%,anytime he steps onto the park.
Yes please!

2 Likes

I wonder how many of you remember the Gary Mc signing? I love signings like that, bring in huge experience and professionalism to help all aspects of the team both on and off the pitch.

2 Likes

I’d have been up for it until I saw him against Chelsea, he was hopeless because of the pace of the game.

He’d be a solid option on a 1 year deal as a free just for games where the opponents are sitting in. As a replacement for Salah, as the made up rumours suggest, it’d be a terrible idea.

6 Likes

Haven’t you heard we’re getting Mbappe to replace Salah

1 Like

No question, he’s never replacing Salah.

1 Like

I’m a resounding YES, I take Luis every day of the week. I posted this in the Unreliable thread. I only posted the rumor as a passing fancy I didn’t think it would grow this much legs for discussion.

He wouldn’t be coming to replace Mo, that’s just silly. He would be an unbelievable option in reserve and occasional start, similar how United are deploying Cavani. I believe he still has many miles left in the tank and The Boss would know how to use him properly. From the players viewpoint, it would be a great situation for him here. A maniac off the bench capable of striking from anywhere.

And despite how Luis acted at times he is still beloved by a big percent of our supporters. Still one of my top 3 favorite Liverpool players of all time. Even with the antics on and off the pitch, which I’ll concede wasn’t the best look for him, absolute legend in my eyes still to this day.

6 Likes

Surely this isn’t genuine, just tabloid stuff? Luis has achieved everything he could with us. Why on earth would he want to come back? I think we can safely dismiss this as nonsense.

That being said, he’d be a great ‘Gary Mac’ signing for a season. I’d love it.

2 Likes