Luis Suarez (Luis Alberto Suarez)

No thanks.
Next

1 Like

Except actually winning anything he’d have wanted to win with us you mean?

3 Likes

True, no trophies apart from the league cup. But on a personal level he couldn’t have been better for us (apart from the biting incident just before he left), so that’s what I meant.

I think you’re underestimating how hurt he was over us missing out on the league. Don’t know the guy obviously but I imagine he would be extremely motivated to come here and pick up a league medal. Even if more of a rotation option these days covering for Mbappe and Salah.

2 Likes

Yeah, Suarez was the best Suarez he could be as time went on here. He was fantastic. Second best player I’ve seen for Liverpool, without a shadow of a doubt. It would’ve been a shame for football overall if he stayed at Liverpool longer. He showed he merits a higher level immediately and major trophies every season.

1 Like

It was hard for us, but I fully understood his move at the time. He deserved it indeed.

3 Likes

Yeah, we made it harder by splashing a lot of cash on weird moves. Losing Suarez was no surprise, but using that money, that’s the part when we should’ve done better.

3 Likes

Who was first, out of curiosity?

Stevie, obviously. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There was another incident, don’t believe we discussed it at the time though :wink:

That was an incident he had no responsibility for. It’s all on that twat Evra. :wink:

1 Like

That’s certainly one way of looking at it.

3 Likes

King Kenny of course. :joy:

4 Likes

My following starts only from 2000. :pensive:

2 Likes

I only saw Stephen’s late career when his legs were mostly gone. I see people post a lot about Maschereno, Kuyt, Fowler, those guys. Never saw them play.

Suarez is far and away the best I’ve seen play at Liverpool, though that first Mo season wasn’t bad.

1 Like

I’m not sure what posts you’ve read about Kurt, Macherano being the best players people have seen, but I’m fairly sure they were not meant to be taken seriously! Don’t get me wrong they were both very good in there own way, but not a patch on; Stevie, Alonso, Torres whom they were in the same side as.

Suarez and Stevie, the best I’ve seen as well.

1 Like

In the last 20 years Gerrard the best and Suarez second.

If Xabi would have stayed longer and played like he did for Real and Bayern id name him ahead of Gerrard.

3 Likes

Stevie for me

Suarez and Mo, Fowler and Owen oh and big shout out to VVD. Defenders never get the credit but fucking hell he is outstanding

4 Likes

I wonder how he and Griezmann will combine? Any idea how they played at Barcelona?

They should be a good fit actually, it’s Felix now who will have extra competition because he operates basically in that second striker role where Griezmann is one of the world’s best. Though Felix was also used in that inside left channel, Simeone flipping formations also. At Barca it was totally different when Suarez was there, Griezmann had to play off the left and that was never his best role. That whole move was weird from their perspective.

1 Like