Manchester City* - vile, cheating oxygen thieves

“According to reports, City are not only challenging the APT rules but seeking damages for deals that were affected or lost as a consequence. Those damages would have to be paid by the league, whose shareholders are its 20 member clubs”

They’re saying they’ve lost out on totally legit sponsorship due to APT and now want the league to compensate them for lost potential revenue. Can’t wait to see what figure they pull out their arse for lost fake sponsorshops

7 Likes

Yeah but you’re more likely to see me jump out of a window than talk about the England football team.

3 Likes

Crazy.

You sign up to abide by the laws.
You decide not to follow the laws.
You get caught breaking the laws.
You then decide the laws you broke are unfair, even though you broke them.
You decide to seek a ruling to confirm the laws you signed up to, and broke cost you money and you want compensation.

Fuck off. Seriously just fuck off. How the hell can you claim something you agreed to cost you money and opportunity when you ignored it anyway?

8 Likes

Which they would kindly not pursue if the league admits the rules are not legal, which would undercut the bulk of the 115 charges against them and make any sort of FFP unenforceable moving forward.

4 Likes

I wonder if Trump is one of their advisors?

4 Likes

Bet you the 115s visit the White House and receive medals of freedom after Trump wins.

4 Likes

Makes you think doesn’t it?

4 Likes

9 Likes

The owners and the club must be kicked out of football; otherwise the game is dead. At this point any means can be justified: if they are allowed to continue the entire sport will die.

3 Likes

I am sure that if the 115 charges stick and City can’t weasel their way out of it, City will be bumped out of the league and onto whatever lower division will accept them.

I feel that the Forest and Bitters charges were merely a precedent set for the PL to apportion the correct punishment to City.

City bringing this latest case forward should put a smile on everyone really. They are panicking about the 115.

5 Likes

Not really. They are essentially pushing the nuclear button and fallout is now inevitable. Cheaty are not going to play ball at any point and will try and bring the game down instead.

2 Likes

I think you’re both right, however, I am worried about the negative outcome, ie. an emboldened Cheaty doing whatever the fuck it wants, completely unbound by any guardrails.

Football is in a pretty dark place right now.

3 Likes

Let the talk come of stripping their titles.

The PL have to push for that option as well

1 Like

I am quietly confident because it obviously now high stakes, and this will simply be one of a long list of legal strategies that city will have tried and failed behind closed doors.

It demonstrates a few things.

This first is it is clear City is not expecting a slap in the wrists. A fine, a transfer ban, even a 20 point deduction. If this was the anticipated outcome they probably would have swallowed their medicine and moved on. The proportionality of their response means they believe they are fucked. The magnitude of titles being stripped or club relegation.

The second is that this appears a last roll of the dice. You can bet they have tried and fought it from every angle. They have tried dismissing it. That information is not valid, that information came from a hacker…. They have tried distorting the truth. Their accountants will have argued that their sponsors are independent, that they reflect fair market value…. They have tried to distract. They are the plucky underdog, they are just like Leicester, Forest and Everton FFP is designed to stop the small guy be successful. The red cartel …… finally they are now going for dismay, they are trying to intimidate, dire consequences of tge PL actions. A fishing exercise of all documents mention city or 115 charge.

The legal action against the PL is desperate move. This is what you do when you have exhausted every avenue, you can no longer hide behind cooked books, delaying and obfuscation. It’s a last resort, a nuclear option where you know even if you win war, you still lose because of the expense (reputation, relationships and cost). Just look how the press is turning…

This is turning nasty and my bet is the PL leaked this to the Times. Fair play to the PL I didn’t think they had the balls to do it. But it seems they now realise they let the fox into the hen house and are now doing everything to stop it.

16 Likes

Fuck , I hope you’re right.

4 Likes

Huh?

Click on the link numpty

Bei Facebook anmelden?

Facebook links aren’t working for me as well. Maybe cause I don’t use Facebook all.