Marko GRUJIĆ: 2020/21 (on loan at Porto)

Finally. :tada:

1 Like

How little are we getting for him?

Nat, Grujic, Shaqiri, Origi, (Minamino), Awonoyi, Wilson each of them will bring us between £10-15m. Not bad.

£10.5m according to Neil jones plus 10% sell on fee.

2 Likes

Whatever we get for him is a bonus!

2 Likes

A good move for the lad I feel. He’ll do well there. And if the club can get 10.5 millions for him, it’s a good piece of business as well.

3 Likes

I’m very hesitant in trusting Neil Jones at the moment.

1 Like

20% of that fee goes to Crvena Zvezda but it’s still a decent outcome given that the fees from his loan moves have basically covered the fee Liverpool paid for him. It didn’t work out for him at Liverpool but this should be the least potential Liverpool players should expect from the club: good development path and a subsequent move to a decent club (in this particular case, more than decent).

1 Like

Exactly. We paid Red Star £5 mil and recouped that amount as loan fees over the years. Now we are pocketing a net £8 mil for a player who isn’t even considered a backup.

Nervous Episode 1 GIF by The Office

1 Like

Yeah, not a great fee, but the little profit is there and it’s best to move on. It’s a f*cked up climate in the last 2 years almost (and could be so for another year at least), so it really shouldn’t be surprising. Chelsea got £13m for Pasalic last summer, who had much better loans than Grujic. So it’s realistic.

1 Like

Was it Makati_Red who absolutely loved this guy, from when he was first linked with us?

2 Likes

I dont think the fees matter. They just need him and few others off the books in order to sign a non homegrown player.
Before covid probably would’ve got a few more but £10m for someone we don’t want is good.

i cant remember which player, but he would have gone on and on and on and on…

…and on and on and on about him

It never worked out as we had hoped.

Glad his future is sorted, and we have one less non-homegrown player that won’t get minutes taking up a space.

5 Likes

I had high hopes when he first came in, good credentials but he never seems to have any hopes of becoming a regular, I wish him well.

4 Likes

Next time we sign someone from the former Yugoslavia, let’s not have ic at the end of his name.

1 Like

That’s going to limit our choices somewhat.

4 Likes

I’ve made a new thread for Marko in the former players sub-forum:

3 Likes