Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

So basically we’re pushing really hard & it’s almost done but also all that’s let to do is agree a structure, convince the player to join, have the player accept the terms and tell Sociedad to keep their scrubby hands off? Sound. Over to you Hughesy lad.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am leaning towards @relevo on giving accurate information on this one.

Seems to me that the bigger issue is convincing Zubimendi to sign. I’m sure we can work out a deal structure with Real Sociedad or just pay the release clause in one go.

Thing is if you believe the Spanish outlet that seems closest to the deal throughout everything so far, then the player has already agreed to the move.

I hope that’s the case.

3 Likes

What’s so difficult about structuring a deal? Just offer them something they can’t refuse like 100m. Over 50 seasons.

1 Like

Liverpooland Richard Hughes are pushing very hard to convince Zubimendi to leave his boyhood club. Any holdups are because of the player’s decision and the structuring of the deal.

@David_Ornstein

trying to think, what was the hardest decision I had to make at 25…It was probably debating weather 10 shots of tequila in a row was a good idea

9 Likes

Agreed, but I put such little stock in the Spanish press and what they’re reporting.

Probably I have got this all wrong… but if the lad says he wants to move to LFC, surely that strengthens our hand for negotiating staggered payments - but, as is happening, the lad stays quiet and says nothing definite (as in undecided or requested to say nothing by his own club), that strengthens the hand of Real to ask for release clause money in full…!
Think this is called a Mexican Stand-Off - A sort of who blinks first moment - As we have Michael Edwards, and knowing he could win this type of staring competition against a Goldfish… and they have NO eyelids to blink first with… :0)
My money is on the lad heading to Anfield

On a positive note…at least we getting 20% (13 million, or maybe 11 million since its 55 million before add-ons) from the 65 million for solanke. deal just announced

We should do what Utd do and give this guy a deadline of 10pm tonight to make his dopey little mind up, be like “listen here you little shit you’ve wasted enough of our time as it is, we’re offering you regular game time at the best club in the world, the chance to play in a double pivot alongside Curtis Jones, giving you 3x your current wages, bonuses, free trips to Sefton Park, the use of John Henry’s private jet anytime you like…now is it a YES or NO, tick tock mother fucker” you know something like that.

curtis who??

Nope. Never do what United do.

Unless you want to end up like United.

5 Likes

It’s post sale profit so whatever fee agreed minus what they paid us. 20% of that. Think it’s like 7.5-9M somewhere in that region

1 Like

On the bench for their friendly this evening.

Not good enough. Swerve!

2 Likes

https://x.com/AnfieldSector/status/1821939604125093902

1 Like

Are there flights between Berlin and Liverpool / Blackpool ?

Who’s jobless enough to volunteer to do the flight tracking ?

1 Like

Haha @SBYM

13 Likes

you must be the oracle, some dude ( [@DaveOCKOP])(x.com) on “X”, saying Bajcetic has been told he is going out on loan

1 Like

He’s unreliable too.

4 Likes