Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Fixed

4 Likes

I missed that debate sadly maybe Iā€™ll bring it up during one of those many dull PL matches.

2 Likes

What are you saying? Just come out and say it. @Sithbare can handle the truth.

3 Likes

Are you sure about that? :thinking:

1 Like

The really big contract buy out in living memory is the Neymar PSG buyout of his Barcelona contract.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been less sure about anything in my life

1 Like

I hope they are not replying to a Nigerian email.

3 Likes

Prince Zubimendi could be real.

6 Likes

It sounds to me like in more cordial circumstances the clubs could come to a negotiated settlement rather than following the release clause to the letter.

1 Like

I assume thatā€™s what weā€™ve been trying to do, but afaik when it comes to paying a contractually set buyout clause it has to be paid up in full to the La Liga offices.

Edit:

How can they be activated?

The biggest difference between Spanish buyout clauses and release clauses more common in other big leagues around the world is the manner in which they must be triggered.

Rather than the buying club merely paying the selling club the amount set by the contract, the player himself must buy himself out.

This is done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga to release the player from his contract. La Liga then pass the money onto the selling club.

Normally this will require the buying club to pay the player the sum of the buyout clause up front.

Imagine the number of air miles accumulated.

1 Like

Katsu Curry > Korma

4 Likes

Dear friend Liverpool,

I know this messages will comes to you surprized but permit me of my desires to go to business relationship with you.

I am the most honerable agent for Mr Zubimendi football player, of inside Spain. During the recent demand to be hitting the clause of releasement, it has been decided from Mr Zubimendi that I Mr Zubimendi Agent, should be making the fee payment in cash for the releasement.

You can now send the monies to our special bank in Cotonoi Benin Republic of West Africa, for you safeness. The sum of fify too million usa dollar amount (USA$52M) must be deposited so we can make the release happen. I will show you my trust by putting 10% (USA$3m) of your deposit beside me as I dont want you to delay the monies as my cousin is dealing with Chelsea for the same deals.

Reply now for my bitcoin account number.

Thank you for the business.

Mr Agent (zubimendiagent@gmail.com)

13 Likes

Glad this one looks like it is going to be completed very soon.

Real Sociedad are entitled to try to persuade their player to stay, and in negotiation, they also are not required to roll out the red carpet to make it easier for a bigger fish to take one of their main players from them.

Everything so far in this deal is about as expected.

Howeverā€¦

There is a line between playing hard and potentially damaging yourself in terms of how future business is conducted. If Zubimendi has been put through the wringer and had all sorts of pressure put on him, he will share his story with his fellow players. And if LFC have been messed around a little more than necessary, it might have an implication for future business.

Probably much ado about nothing. I look forward to seeing the player in a red shirt soon.

Ideally we close for the goalie Marmadashvili and future proof that position too, and maybe another signing for the defense.

1 Like

I canā€™t see him coming here to sit on the bench.

1 Like

The talk was weā€™d loan him back to his club (Valencia?) like Chelsea did with Courtois initially

Same. I think I read we buy him, and loan him to Bournemouth as they are interested in him. Then we bring him to Anfield, Prem experienced, whenever Allison moves on.

I blame @Alright_Now_Legend . Instead of posting nonsense in this thread, he should have served the Sociedad management his famous korma. Just a spoonful, and they would have been begging us to spare them/take Zubi.

4 Likes

Blaming AN_L is always the correct response.

6 Likes