Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

4 Likes

Depends on the timing of it all.

Hughes did say we would be opportunistic - which means we might jump on something unexpected.

1 Like

https://x.com/KeiLFC88/status/1822938780959223987

1 Like

1 Like

melissa Reddy
](x.com)
@MelissaReddy_
](x.com)

Buy-out clauses (typical in Spain and slightly different to a release clause) legally requires a player to ā€˜buy outā€™ his contract at the specified amount. The purchasing club still pays the amount to the player (complex process due to tax implications and logistical challenges), who then deposits it to La Liga and is released from his terms.

2 Likes

So basically very similar to posting bail.

9 Likes

Thinking about it, why would Sociedad even come out with this if he hadnā€™t given indication that he wanted to leave. What good would it do as part of their charm offensive to act in this way.

1 Like

Sounds like something you have experience with :eyes:

1 Like

3 Likes

https://x.com/KopAce74/status/1822995602558357892

It might just be to save face so they can tell their fans, look, we tried everything but he bought his way out etc

1 Like

I always find it a bit odd when Spanish sides are portrayed being unreasonable for not being that interested in negotiating with a prospective buyer for one of their key players and instead just pointing to the buy out clause.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yep this is how i see it. Then when Zuba is next away from Liverpool on International duty he will get asked about it and he will say in future it will be clear what happened (torres style).

Hopefully Zuba tells Sociedad to fuck off

Because it gets in the way of a transfer story? Disappoints fans, fewer clicks for the media.

I find it odd people in the thread are still freaking out about it when around 173 people have since pointed out that itā€™s completely standard practice.

6 Likes

6 Likes

This is exactly how Iā€™d pictured @Livvy

5 Likes

To be fair at least there are a few updates on thisā€¦

Instead of 86 posts about Trent.

2 Likes

Give it time.

2 Likes