Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Does the lad have €60m? Or would we give to him to pay?

1 Like

It’s a significant step forward. They burned the bridge themselves, giving Zubimendi even more reason to move on.

2 Likes

yes, we give him… I think thats how it works in spain in regards to release clause…

2 Likes

the buying club would somehow provide the funds

2 Likes

Would suggest that’s a good sign for us.

Everyone acknowledging it can’t go on much longer without a decision being made by him and Sociedad basically giving him the out which makes them look like they played hardball.

Can’t imagine he feels great about the pressure they’re putting on him. Would hardly make me inclined to stay if I were in his shoes.

5 Likes

@jabu as the resident transfer guru, would you suggest this is done and you’ve moved on to other transfers?

2 Likes

“Be back in a bit luv, just nipping down the local la liga offices with this big bag of Euros. You keep looking for the best Spanish restaurants in Liverpool.”

2 Likes

Is this in the same sense that Chicken Little is a weather guru?

2 Likes

Fify

5 Likes

Howling!!!

1 Like

yes, yes indeed!!

1 Like

Just to be clear, In spain, the player DOES have to pay their own release clause, its part of their whole procedure

1 Like

John W Henry asking if they take American Express :joy:

4 Likes

Every time the site shows “@jabu replying…”, my heart starts racing.

2 Likes

so who is gonna babysit dude when he gets homesick and longs for the mountains again? I volunteer, @Walshy07, @The-AllMightyReds, @Sithbare, @SBYM and last but not least the GREAT GREAT @cynicaloldgit… they can all do it in shifts

3 Likes

I have enough on my plate babysitting you lot on here.

6 Likes

Just don’t let him go to La Tasca. I got food poisoning from their paella.

5 Likes

SoSalsa on castle street do the best chicken, chorizo and seafood paella’s, served with fresh lemon. Fucking beautiful.

So don’t send the prick there.

1 Like

With all the people wetting themselves over a transfer, you’re quite clearly doing a piss-poor job.

2 Likes

In Spain it´s usually like this, they do use a buyout clause that has to be payed by the player or presumably his agency. That means we have to pay them the whole sum in full, but that´s completely normal. Imo it´s just the Spanish club being petty to make that public.

edit
I`ve just read that Man City did the exact same thing when they signed Aymeric Laporte. City advanced the money to Laporte, who used that to buy out his contract with Athletic Bilbao.

2 Likes