Match Thread | Liverpool vs Brighton | Sunday March 31st 14:00h

I think only Nunez has withdrawn.

Diaz has ‘felt something’ I think?

Still travelled to the columbian squad…

Well they play in London so I assume that has something to do with it.

Must win game, hopefully Danns will be on the bench and comes on ahead of Gakpo, he’s a local lad and is very passionate and not afraid to put himself about. Fingers crossed that we don’t pick up any injuries during internationals.

Expect a big reaction after Sundays’ shitshow.

1 Like

If we get that, the disappointment of losing to Man Utd in the Cup will be tempered.

If we use it to ignite a fire that sees us go on a great run until the end of the season, winning the league and the Europa, that would be brilliant.

7 Likes

Just thought I might bump this up…seeing as its a huge point in our season…

Hopefully everyone returns from their meaningless internationals in a fit and healthy state. And before anyone argues the importance of internationals, I hate our players subjected to these matches at a crucial time in the season.

Anyway…

Kelleher

Trent/Gomez
Konate/Quansah
VVD
Robbo

Szoboszlai
Endo
MacAllister

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Simple really!
3 points, wait for the draw at City.

1 Like

Isn’t Ali back now?

No, at some point in April I think.

No Bradley?

Ibou seems to be having a breather with the French team luckily.

If Trent is fit, he is first choice surely.
And if not, Gomez has earned as much right as Bradley to start.
The only way Conor starts is if Gomez is at LB, and Trent isn’t ready

All conjecture of course, but it would fit our usual m.o. for Trent to be eased in after a lay off of that length.
I don’t mind Joe or Con, both are good players and I’m sure Jürgen and his team will know… etc etc.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/03/referee-and-var-confirmed-for-liverpool-vs-brighton-2-unpopular-picks/?

Our season ends on Sunday.

Coote is actually ok when he is on the pitch. His VAR duties are worse than atrocious, I’m sure he reads a book.

Tiernay on VAR though :melting_face:

Regarding players I guess we will find out earliest from Thursday via social media.

It will be a very tough match for both sides, after the international break. On paper, we have to be favourites of course, but on the other hand, if we have had a bogey team in recent years, it’s them. I don’t even remember anymore how it feels to beat them (in fact, checking results, our last win against them came roughly two years ago).

They seem to have picked up some form again after a string of poor results, and beat Forest and Roma at home. But fact is that they haven’t travelled well lately, so hopefully our lads can exploit this.

Then, there is the horrible set of referees. I won’t even go into that at length, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we get robbed again if the result stays tight towards the end. Our lads will need to be at their very best to not give these crooks the chance to fuck us over again.

Let’s hope for the best though: Kloppo will find the right tactics, the right formation and the right words to motivate his troops in order to get us these three crucial points. Fingers crossed!

7 Likes

First time Coote has reffed us in the PL since the Burnley game behind closed doors when Robbo slagged him off at the end. Not long after he exposed himself for what he is in the Goodison derby.
Best part of 4 years. The PL/PGMOL must have decided most people will have forgotten his blatant cheating.

2 Likes

After the arrogance regularly displayed by Michael Oliver to his inferior counterparts on VAR duty, maybe there is a new trend for the inferior referee to be out on the pitch, with the senior referee directing instruction from Stockley Park… I mean, it can’t get much worse can it, or can it, but the PGMOL is such a fuck-up… they just staggering from one crisis, straight into another

4 Likes

I bet it will be no worse than that game to be honest.