Michael Edwards

How many times are we going to see this? :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sick of it yet.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ueJ4-lTa1s

Michael Edwards letting off a bit of steam after his good work today .!

2 Likes

Heā€™d convince the opposing strikers to annul their contracts before the end of the first half.

3 Likes

Our best ever signingā€¦?

Moving forward, any time a discussion begins with ā€œit isnā€™t possible to do [x] in a transfer windowā€, we should just automatically post a picture of Edwards.

6 Likes

Not a football guy though :rofl:
And now Mikey can rest

Im Out Great Job GIF by Wintershall Dea

2 Likes

Edwards getting some real praise in here but we need to be a bit more realistic

Heā€™s left it too late in my mind and any little thing like having the laptop run out of batteries or something, could have really backfired on him and the club.

1 Like

Maybe his computer was at PC world for a tune up?

3 Likes

Ever crossed your mind that there might have been other things in play pushing this back to the wire?

We usually try to get things done early but this year is different for some reason and to be honest I suspect it isnā€™t Edwards waiting for his phone to be charged.

Clearly he was toying with us, Flirty Birdy

James Franco Flirt GIF

1 Like

As I said I felt at the beginning of the window we would wait to make any kind of move, Davies seems to have been made on the basis of getting someone in, Kabak seems to be for Matip.

Whether thatā€™s actually correct who knows but these deals were not happening before the last weekend of the window.

Today the national league decides whether to continue and though the concern over curtailment has dropped, a week or two ago it seemed a real possibility, the move only happens with Mustafi going to Schalke and that could only happen in the final days.

3 Likes

I think redbj is on a friendly wind upā€¦

4 Likes

then @Redbj is a very naughty person

4 Likes

As the old saying goes, a manā€™s thread is his statue.

1 Like
4 Likes

What the hell is StatBombe and how will it help our team reach a level, so thatno other team can compete with us?

2 Likes

It is a software statistical tool which will give an advantage to the club when deciding on transfers but like any statistical tools you need someone to interpret the results correctly like Edwards perhaps?

6 Likes

We are actually ahead in many fields when it comes to data analytics. This is a good article from last year;

We have a astrophysicist, a doctor of philosophy, a former chess champion, an energy expert and doctor of theoretical physicsā€¦ (too name a few!) Fields youā€™d really not typically associate with football. Here is an article about Ian Graham (the physics guy).

The long story short is we cannot compete with the likes of City/PSG etc. We simply donā€™t have an entire countries weath funding a teamā€¦ I.e. If we spend Ā£50mil on a fullback, 12months later if it doesnā€™t work out, we canā€™t go and spend another Ā£50mil.

We need to be smarter and this is where all of the above comes in. Combining statistical analysis with traditional scouting for example has allowed us to unearth some talents at decent prices who have come in and excelled for Klopp - Robertson is probably the greatest example of thisā€¦ Signed for Ā£8mil from a relegated Hull, heā€™s probably worth 10 times that amount now.

We need to make sure our transfer hits are higher than our misses, as we simply canā€™t just go out and buy another. We use stats to be ā€œaheadā€ of the curve in that respect.

What makes Klopp so unique really is he embraces the knowledge and expertise of others, heā€™s brought in the best in their field in several areas (or allowed them to come in). Itā€™s that embracement of change and future thinking that makes him ideal for a club trying to compete vā€™s country funded ones. Itā€™s why he works so well with Edwards and Mike Gordon.

9 Likes

Forget MbappƩ and Haaland.

Sign Mystic Meg and weā€™ll be unbeatable.

7 Likes

These experts and tools are useless if they donā€™t tap into the wisdom of the experts here in TAN.

2 Likes