Milan vs. Liverpool: Champions League, 20:00 Tue 7th December 2021

Not too bothered who we play but I trust Klopp won’t go with unnecessary risks.

Being away I am also less bothered about the result but I’ll watch regardless.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s eligible, is he?

True, unfortunately. Have to wait for the FA cup

If we win this game does anyone know which other teams have won all their group games in the Champions League

In the past I don’t know but this season Bayern and Ajax have also won 5 games so far.

We will be the first English club to ever do it

2 Likes

Play a second string team. Kelleher, Neco, Gomez, Konate, Kostas, Morton, Millie, Curtis/Naby, Ox, Taki, Origi.

Bench would be kids.

No risks taken. Pointless, this was the game basically which got Jota injured last season. It’s a dead rubber Jürgen please.

2 Likes

Reckon it will be similar to Porto at home, a mix of first-teamers and squad players. Can’t see JK going really weak given Milan will be desperate for a win as it could get messy. They aren’t that good but Porto could quite easily have put a few past us at Anfield the other week.
I think Konate, Tsimikas, Ox and Divock will defo start but wouldn’t bet on anyone else.
Pity about Milner not being able to play. Keita might get a game but don’t see Gomez being risked yet.

I think it will be Alisson - TAA, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas —Keita, Fabinho, Ox —Salah, Origi, Minamino.

Provided we’re not getting walloped give Williams, Phillips, Morton a good half hour.

3 Likes

Little surprised that we get Danny Makkelie as the referee again after the Atletico match beginning in November. Not a big fan of him but he did oke a month ago.

1 Like

I must admit that it happens seldom and if I can avoid it that would be my first choice but this remark brought a little smile to my face. :+1:

Yip, most important because it goes directly into the Mo fund.

2 Likes

Agree 100%

No use at all playing Ali in this game. We also know that Ali usually misses a few games per year, so it’s important for our number 2 to get some game time.

1 Like

Fabinho has to be rested. He has been playing non-stop…

3 Likes

Definitely rotate here

Kelleher, Neco, Nat, konate, Kostas, Morton, Ox, Keira, Salah, Origi, minamino. Swap Salah for Mane at halftime.

Biggest thing is no injuries

1 Like

Winning begets winning. Klopp will be mindful of the momentum we are building with the last few league results, we’ll want to keep that going if we can.

That said, this is the perfect game to rotate the squad a bit, and I expect to see the likes of Kelleher, Tsimikas, Neco, Ox, Konate, and maybe even some minutes for Bobby and Keita if fit

2 Likes

Every time I see those line-ups for matches like this the supporters/fans think they know more than Klopp, his team of coaches, the guys who are monitoring how much they run and the medical staff.

The funny thing is I’m one of those guys.

2 Likes

So….no smashing in order? :smiley:

2 Likes

@Dutch your not funny at all, ever. :wink: :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I wonder if Morton will be making another start here, considering he didn’t do too badly in his previous one. That said, our circumstances are different now, with more midfielders available and competing for places.

1 Like