Milan vs. Liverpool: Champions League, 20:00 Tue 7th December 2021

4 Likes

Not arsed enough mate. It’s a nothing match at this point, smash them or don’t, I couldn’t give a shiny shite.

4 Likes

This is the team I would go with, but I do expect Salah and/or Mané to get the nod followed by an early bath.

1 Like

Milly suspended himself

3 Likes

Good point. Morton, Naby and Jones it is.

It’ll be the usual from Klopp.

A changed line up, but likely not as different a starting 11 as we want. If anyone gets injured all hell will break lose.

3 Likes

The result against the wolves is the sort of match you want to try and use in a title winning charge. You have to keep that momentum going:

Ali

Neco Konate VVD Kostas

Ox Fab Keita (if available)

Mo Origi Jota

Fabinho hasn’t had a break for about a fortnight now and that was coming off a plane from Brazil.

I wouldn’t pick him at all for this game.

Saying that if Jones is right on Thiago, Hendo and Jota I assume none of them play Wednesday hopefully nothing more than that.

3 Likes

It’s not the sort of match to throw Morton into if we want to win it. Hendo is even less likely than Fab to start given his injuries. Maybe Milner? But we hear Klopp often say he won’t change an entire area of the pitch. He absolutely won’t make 3 changes in midfield, dead rubber or not. Ox I am pretty certain will play. Would Klopp risk it with a midfield of Ox, Thiago and Milner? I don’t think so. Nor do I think he’ll throw two returning players in Curtis and Keita into the same team.

Continuity is the name of the game. At least one, maybe two midfielders will start again.

I don’t think it matters one jot to be honest.

Sorry I don’t agree won’t be confidence if two or three of our best players go down with injury.

2 Likes

Ultimately this game doesn’t matter in footballing terms although the prize money is worth having. We need to use the game time wisely. We have two things coming up that we need to plan for. Firstly the League Cup game against Leicester which I am assuming will see a fair few players rotated. Secondly the AFCON in January which will mean we will have to cope without Mane and Salah (and Keita but we have to cope without him most of the time anyway).

I’d look at Kelleher in goal. Tsmikas and Neco need some time on the pitch and I’d consider Morton given his performance against Porto and needing some rest time for Fabinho.

For the front three I am thinking Jota, Origi and Minamino although it might be worth trying Ox out up there.

We do have 5 subs so the starting line up doesn’t have to be the one that finishes. Give it a shot - if we win great, if we don’t then it’s good experience.

1 Like

I think it’s best to rest Jota considering you are losing Mane and Salah in a months time and it’s likely he will start the next three at least

3 Likes

He’s suspended.

On the line up and whether Morton should start in general, I think that throwing Morton into an inexperienced or cobbled together starting 11 will do him less benefit than playing with the security of senior players on the field. No issue if he starts, but I’d expect say Thaigo or Fab to start also if he does, and then likely Ox.

1 Like

Come to daddy the win, we need to pay Salah that $$$$…

The reports about the contract is from FSG to Klopp to make sure he plays our best team.

1 Like

Klopp can play whatever team he wants and I’d hate it for any power play from FSG on it (I doubt it’s the case).

Anyhow as someone said last time FSG would not have calculated 5 or 6 wins from this group. Financially anything now is a bonus and progression to the later rounds are more important.

I understand the point on Morton but also Fabinho is a risk.

Whatever Klopp picks is fine because he knows where players are on the scope of fitness. I’d rather we didn’t risk anyone vital, I’d probably play Salah and Mane before Jota simply due to January and the AFCON.

3 Likes

The five subs helps massively. Means that hopefully none of the lads that played on Sat need to play anywhere close to 90 tomorrow.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I hope Jota, Thiago, Hendo are ok as VVD was featured in the training earlier today I assume VVD was a late decision unless he has gone there.

I read it so fast, I thought you wrote “Boba Fett kit”…

Now, is there something you meant to say about AC Milan, number two and Hulk?

…what?

1 Like