Mixology, or Getting Drunk at Home Alone

similarly to how you’re supposed to pour a Guinness on a 45° angle, you’ll find that pouring your half glass of cider first and tilting the glass will help keep the Guinness up top.

I’m jealous

Missus and I have made a deal to not buy each other gifts, but to do stuff like this instead. Her birthday is a few weeks afterwards so this is her present.

Don’t fall for it…

2 Likes

Using taps, it would be easy as long as you give the cider time to settle before topping up with the guinness - as long as you tilt the glass properly.

Using cans, I think as @El-Cuchillero suggested, try using the back of a spoonwhen you pour the guinness - similar to how you layer Bayleys for a Slippery Nipple

you can do the tilt with the can, just have to let the guinness settle. made many of these when I find cans of Magners here.

Got a bottle of Laphroaig today.

Has been years since I’ve had some, has been exclusively Speysides and Highlands in that time. That first dram after years…PHWOAR! I had completely forgotten how ‘in your face’ it is.

Yummo.

BAH HUMBUG!

:christmas_tree:

Picked up a Balblair 12 at the Channel Tunnel terminal this morning.

36 quid well spent.

3 Likes

The prices for standard single malts or Irish are frustrating in the US, especially Islay, where they seem to have slapped on a ‘cool tax’, because I don’t remember paying so much for a Laphroaig 10 or Lagavulin 16 when I was last here.

On the bright side, the bourbon and rye selection is obviously wonderful compared to Europe; in Copenhagen, you’d get Jim Beam and JD, and Bulleit if you were lucky (which is a bit of a cunt company, so I feel dirty buying their stuff anyway).

I ordered a bunch of Caribbean rums from this site Curiada. I received a tequila and two kinds of Texan whiskey in error. They let me keep those bottles, and I got the rums this morning, so I’d recommend them.

Saturday 7:30 AM kick offs can fuck off, though.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not an international phenomenon? Whisky is something that has a rather inelastic response to demand, they can’t exactly manufacture 18-year whiskies to respond to the latest TikTok trends…

I’m pretty sure in the UK the prices have also gone up quite a fair bit, at least the last I paid attention to it. Not sure I can afford to indulge as much anymore.

God bless Duty Free stores.

picked up a Macallan Quest for $70. think it’s the same release as their former offering called the Elegancia. sold in 1L bottles. delicious.

My usuals

Appletons Reserve
Macallan Quest
Glenlivet 18
Woodford Reserve

1 Like

Following on from our beer chat in the Man U thread, I ordered some beers from Liverpool Brewing Company and they have just arrived:

IMG_7915

Love how the points look.