Mo... blah blah blah... talk about it here

Haha, just saw that utds goal was offsides, which makes it relevant to this thread.

Boss did as well said much the same.

https://twitter.com/ynwamatt/status/1698367860874092878?s=46&t=Zi1SYSkTiZKZM3Mfk8SNFA

2 Likes

There’s going to be shit about it being put out there until the Saudi window closes in a few days, people are going to talk about it somewhere, may as well be here.

4 Likes

If you had put in the fee fsg bought the club for, I’d have voted for it. Something like 350 millions?

• £100m
  • £150m
  • £200m
  • £250m
  • £300m
  • Anything to shut up Hope and Sweeting
0 voters

Apologies to those who had previously voted; a big boy made me do it.

We need - upfront - enough money to pay off every single penny the club owes in debts, reimburse all season ticket holders, sign our next superstar attacker for January and insert a clause that they automatically owe us £100m for every time they even think of ever picking up the phone to call us. What, £1b or so in cash?

Your move, Saudi Arabia.

2 Likes

£300m for Mohamed Salah?! Liverpool told to brace themselves for ‘doubled’ bid from Al-Ittihad for Egyptian superstar before Saudi transfer window closes.

Liverpool have been told by club legend Robbie Fowler to brace themselves for a “doubled” bid for Mohamed Salah that could reach £300 million ($378m).

Alright Robbie, im sure you said that. :rofl:

Based on nothing, i always thought the plan was to sell Salah for huge money to one of the Spanish teams, and use that money to refresh the squad ala Coutinho. But then Spanish teams went bunk and covid hit, so we appeared to have missed that window of opportunity, and then we were unsure what to do with his contract, which seemed to take forever to sort out if you remember. I’m glad it never happened and we kept him, as he’s easily our best player.

Saudi’s seem to put the sell big and reinvest in the squad option back on the table. Not this year for any money, i don’t care how much they offer. But tell them if they still want him in June, and Salah wants to go, they can buy him then and we have all year to pick out a few top players to recruit. He’s an amazing player but he’ll slow down eventually and with one year left on his contract at age 32 seems a good time to try and cash in, make this season a hell of a send off for him.

Reminds me of one of my favourite scenes from Planes, Trains and Automobiles with the lawyer

Now a man who can afford $100 can afford $200 etc. A guy reversed into my car on a tight hotel carpark once. Got his car wedged in my rear quarter. I was staying for a long golf weekend and wasn’t driving. Fortunately we were sat in the sun drinking beer watching this play out. I went over and explained that I wasn’t moving my car an inch, he had to get his out and then pay for the damages or insurance companies. He wasn’t keen about the insurance so offered £200. We agreed on £500 and he picked up my hotel bill. Never bothered getting it fixed :rofl::rofl::rofl:

His departure has the potential to completely derail our season, which is why I’m not expecting FSG to sanction any sale in the next few days, regardless of terms. Deals like this one aren’t negotiated over night, though, and I doubt that his agent has been talking with them for months. They will have almost a year to keep in touch, though, which makes more sense for a deal of this magnitude.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave next summer if Saudi clubs retain interest and I’d fully expect it to be a club record deal. Let’s face it, we’ve already sold them our ageing captain and our only recognised defensive midfielder, so we’re not averse to dealing with them if the price is right. They basically gave our midfield rebuild a get-out-of-jail card this summer, so maybe the powers that be at the club will view potential Salah money as a means to further strengthen the side.

That said, one of the players who will have to be brought in using that money is his replacement, ironically, and for all the grief that he gets, he’s our most lethal player in PL era. He will be impossible to replace like-for-like, so that burden of goals and assists will have to be shared among other Liverpool players.

1 Like

can we change the thread title to…

No Go Mo!

thoughts???

If they are so desperate to get Salah.

Well, something can be done, negotiate a deal similar to what we did with RB Leipzig for Keita. LFC sell Mo Salah to Al Ittihad for 200 mln. pounds, but he will join them officially next summer. Everybody is happy and the club will have enough time to find the best possible successor/s to our Egyptian King.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1698342849127789015?s=20

2 Likes

You’re assuming Salah has any interest in that place…

1 Like

Never quite understand why any LFC fan would say this…

I mean, are we a football team or a trading operation?

What conceivable football reason would justify such a decision at this time?

4 Likes

[quote=“Klopptimist, post:665, topic:1993, full:true”]
A Saudi Arabian delegation is in England to make one last push to persuade Liverpool to sell Mohamed Salah for £200m before Thursday[/quote]

Is it the same delegation which was in turkey for Kashoggi? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Suspect Jan will be the earliest we consider selling him. It will depend on his form, our position in the table, his eagerness (if at all) to go, whether we can sign a replacement. There’s also AFCON, which might make us very slightly more open to a winter sale.

He’s still playing at a very high level, it would be a shame to see him waste the last good years of his career playing over there.

2 Likes

The “this” time I agree with, the rest not. We do not have the financial ability of other teams, so can not generate funds artificially and as an “asset”, Mo is at his highest he will ever be. If it was very early in the window I would have taken 150 as long as we had some type of replacement lined up before everyone inflates their prices. At this stage it’s a no go.