Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Missed this the other day, how incredibly lucky are we to have this guy!?!?

4 Likes

I thought he was very busy on Sunday and showed the business when finishing his goal.

2 Likes

But heā€™s selfish

3 Likes
4 Likes

I do hope they also count the ones from the ā€œEuropean Cupā€ as well, because to separate the two and focus solely on the CL since itā€™s named the CL is stupid. Rush has 14 goals in that competition (Iā€™d say if you were a great side, you scored less goals before than now and before it was also a shorter competition) and wouldnā€™t get in that list, but still. I donā€™t like it when they usually pretend like there was no CL competition before 1992.

14 Likes

Same as when some idiots only talk about the Premier League and donā€™t include the old 1st division ā€¦ grrrrrr

4 Likes

Are you trying to say football actually existed before the Premier League? Somebody forgot to tell Sky Sports.

8 Likes

With sky you wonder if anything happened before the last fortnight.

5 Likes

Seems to be a lot of nonsense talk going on in some media of Salah not giving confidence when taking penalties (after the Fulham game). For us, he has taken 15 pens during matchesā€¦ and scored 15.

Maybe he doesnā€™t give the feeling of assurance of say a Le Tissier when taking it, but the end result is all that matters.

For me, the pecking order should be 1) Milner and then 2) Salah.

4 Likes

I never feel like itā€™s going in, which is mad because it always does.

4 Likes

I usually feel confident when Mo takes penalties, but yesterday I had this absolute petrifying conviction that he was going to miss it. To be fair to my 6th sense, it was far from a great penalty, but just good enough to squeeze past the keeper and rescue a point.

1 Like

For some reason Mo quite often doesnā€™t take a very good penalty. Thereā€™s no shame in it, Messiā€™s pretty average at them as well.

As others have said, I always feel heā€™s going to miss but then it goes in. Itā€™s incredibly stressful!

2 Likes

Worse yesterday as we really needed the goal. Considering the way tjings were going I almost see it as a point gained rather than two lost. Fulham made things really awkward.

1 Like

Salah takes his penaltyā€™s with pace, and he keeps them low. That, together with VAR is watching if the goalkeeper stays on the line until the penalty is taken makes it very hard to stop the penalty.

3 Likes

If i was Klopp Fabinho would be taking the penalty kicks. Im always scared with Mo.

2 Likes

With Hendoā€™s miss I expected him to miss it, felt like that kind of game, I donā€™t generally watch them , I close my eyes and then open them after about 5 seconds and so, only one I watched in the last few years is the one Milner took at Anfield against Soton when he missed, I was in the stadium for that mind.

To be honest Iā€™ve never felt an issue with Salah taking them, his record is similar to Milner, I remember throughout the years we had some poorer takers, Owen springs to mind who seemed to miss more than he scored but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s me or itā€™s in the stats.

1 Like

WTF is going here? Moā€™s record is impeccable and he takes them with supreme confidence.

Sort your fucking selves out.

14 Likes

I remember Salah missing one against Huddersfield early on, but none since. Milnerā€™s missed two for the club. Theyā€™ve taken quite a lot between them, some very high pressure ones too, so no reason to be looking for new takers.

6 Likes

Yeah, we donā€™t need new takers.

But we can discuss about the quality, for me itā€™s not only about scoring. To think about the future, you have to analize even those scored ones.

I prefer Milnerā€™s way, I have more trust in them. Salah seems to go more for power (and that raises luck factor in my opinion). I often feel there are more misses waiting around the corner.

Weā€™re fine at the moment with Milner whenever heā€™s on the pitch and Salah when Milner is not there (which happens and will happen more).

I actually liked the initial technique of some others like Bobby and Mane. Bobby hit the post once against Sevilla. But Salah obviously has the plus of dealing well with pressure, he wants that star role.

As long as he works on it; goalkeepers prepare for you, means you should also watch every goalkeeper youā€™re facing in the next game. Put a bit more variety to it and it should be alright.

It takes time to perfect it. Go back and watch some of Stevieā€™s first penalties (in fact, his first one) and compare it as time went on. You can immediately see little improvement and more conviction. I think even Ronaldo missed more than one would expect earlier in his career, I thought his body was too stiff while taking them. Griezmann is also someone who has a weird habit of missing an unusual number of penalties, he often went central and high.

1 Like