Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

So he never spoke to him, and Salah looked pretty happy on Saturday…

Has he confused him with Mane?

2 Likes

It’s more that your sequence didn’t translate to the order of trophies listed by rupzzz if they were won in consecutive seasons, so if I had to choose I’d prefer 3 more European Cups and 1 more FA Cup than two more of each.

2 Likes

Damn it!

Can’t you see the glass is half full???

4 Likes

Salah seems happy to me but if he does push for a move then we bin him off and use the 150million + to go towards Mbappe or Halaand.

Mo chirping on about being captain, he is probably one of the first names on the team sheet however he wouldn’t be in my top 7 players to captain the club.

Doesn’t seem the type to chew somebodies ear off which is ultimately what a captain needs to do from time to time.

Plus going to Madrid or Barcelona? Seriously I know that traditionally they’ve were the big clubs but both those clubs are a step down from us now.

4 Likes

The only team who is a step up from us a spurs
(The better team lost!)

3 Likes

I’d prefer it if he just got grumpy and silently sat there glaring angrily at everyone like Mane does when pissed off.

4 Likes

If there’s any talk of him going I suspect it’s his agent angling for a bigger contract. He has the chance to win plenty more pots here and continue to pick up golden boot awards, I doubt he’s desperately looking to move away.

I certainly don’t want him gone, he has a good 4 or 5 years left in him at least.

12 Likes

So that’s where you get it from!

3 Likes

Ok we got problems, look at his body language. I’m starting to worry now. Just think about it, Henry, just below him on the scoring table left for Barca at the peakish of his career, and this was when Arsenal were not shit.

Are you taking the piss, you could take a photo of anyone looking like that at least one point in a match?

I do think this might be a new contract angling.

3 Likes

It’s BS news story time again,lets try to disrupt LFC players and make some transfer stories up to sell some rags,fill tv air time up or get some clicks.

The only way Salah is leaving LFC is IF LFC want to cash in on him or trade up on a new forward (which isn’t a bad thing,as whoever comes in would be plannned for meticulously over the past few years),if this was the case though,we wouldn’t hear a peep about it in the press,especially not half way through the season,disrupting our own players.

Look at the numbers,there is no way Barcelona could afford him (especially when they still want Neymar back),Real Madrid have just posted a profit of just over £300k for the past year,so both of these clubs i can’t see making a move atm or warrant spending well over £100mill+ when they have eyes on other players and money is tight,the only club i could see buying him outright is PSG but only if they sell Neymar,even then,i’d imagine we’d try some kind of swap deal involving Mbappe (so not quite a bad thing).

His interview with AS in Spain (which mentioned nothing of him being unhappy or wanting to leave LFC) plus his mate releasing the story saying he’s unhappy has kicked all this off,i mean he says he knows why but won’t say anything cos they are a secret and in the next breath he’s spilling the beans saying it’s over not being made captain,what a load of bollox.

Like Mattyhurst says,at worse,it’s probably contract negotiation time,where silly stories from outside influencers are a tactic to get a new contract sorted out,but for me it’s just the media stirring up stories,adding 1+1 together to make BS,Salah posting a smilie photo the next day says it all.

6 Likes

I think Mane is the more likelier of the two to leave, seemingly more unsettled, and is more affordable, but still a +£75m player.

2 Likes

I’d like to see them both stay for another few years yet,i think Mane and Salah are in the same boat and both seem like they would stay for the forseeable future,neither seem like they want to get off the LFC bus while we are winning titles, both of them aren’t money hungry type of players (especially when they are highly paid already and Mane doesn’t need 10 Ferrari’s).

Basically,they only leave when LFC want them to or they go past 2 years left on their contracts,in which case we cash in,whichever way it goes,we’ll have the next player already scouted and lined up to take their places,we won’t be left high and dry scrambling to find replacements.

3 Likes

I want Salah and Mane to stay, but I’m quite relaxed about it. If they go, they go. It will be their loss because when players leave this club it’s all downhill from then on. The grass isn’t always greener as Coutinho and Torres found out. Quite honestly, there are far more important things going on in the world, than worrying about players fragile egos.

7 Likes

I’ve thought this for awhile. Seems a natural target for Real Madrid if they fail to land Mbappe to appease their fans desire to see a “Galactico”! Which could be the kind of lime light I think could appeal to Mane. Could. I don’t know the guy personally but as much as he seems to be appreciated more than Salah he is kind of in Mos shadow on the fame side of things here.

1 Like

That better be a big +

£75m might buy you his standing leg.

7 Likes

I really wonder where people get the sense of our players being unsettled (any players).
I always get the opposite sense, that there’s no team with a more brotherhood-like environment at the moment in world football, and that it’s one of the major reasons of our success.
Healthy competitiveness and positive disappointments is the only thing I see when players are displeased for being subbed or disappointed when not given the armband…

Any player that wants to score goals doesn’t want to be subbed, or asks for the pass and is frustrated when he doesn’t receive it, or may not give the pass some times. Key word(s) “some times” (just looking at the assists of our forwards stresses what the key word here is).
Any player that works hard and delivers for the club wants to captain it after a few years, especially when he’s already captain in his national team, and when at peak.

What I take from the interview is that for the time being, he wants to focus on Liverpool and break records. That to me sounds like a few more years to accomplish, so clearly he wants to be successful here. As far as the disappointment goes, saying that it’s the manager’s decision and he has to accept it sets it totally straight.

I get the sense that Salah is very under appreciated by a lot of Liverpool fans, and I personally think that’s a pity, and that Salah will be one of our greatest forwards ever when he retires. Thankfully, for every fan that doesn’t appreciate him, there’s a lot more that do…

Reading comments by fans across the internet about this “story”, somewhere, someone from the press, is rubbing his/her hands thinking “job done”.
I agree with ILLOK and others that said so, that if anything, it’s the agent’s attempt for a better contract.

6 Likes

How much then? Be 29 at the end of this season.

1 Like

Still got at least three further seasons in him. I wouldn’t sell for under £150m.

8 Likes

Neil Jones:

4 Likes