Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Interesting - I think Salah is the one more likely to want to move than Mane.

Just donā€™t bet a bottle of champagne on it, whatever you do.

One of you will get banned before you can pay up, Ć  la Epsomred.

3 Likes

Well yeah, none of us actually know! The basis for Mane was most destination clubs couldnt afford Mo, but how much is he worth? Who knows. But the assumption is Mane is a little bit more affordable. I just want Mbappe and we are sorted for the entirety of Klopps tenure, he might then even be forced to stay into his 60s with such an acquisition. Sorry Im ramblingā€¦

1 Like

Salah is under appreciated by fans of Liverpool and England in general because he is of Arab/Muslim roots, simple as that.

3 Likes

Donā€™t be so ridiculous.

The majority of LFC fans donā€™t care where a player is from or which sky fairy they believe in as long as they play well and win us shiny stuff.

13 Likes
6 Likes

:flushed:

Mate, you do realize we sold Coutinho for twice as much!!!

1 Like

Sorry, but thatā€™s nonsense. If youā€™re going to post something like that, back it up with evidence.

2 Likes

I agree, we donā€™t. But deep down there is more to it than that from a societal point of view with all that occurred in the past re: Muslimsā€¦ which is why the sentiment grows that he is under appreciated, even though we sing songs about being Muslim too, itā€™s all tongue in cheek.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with affordability in my book. Itā€™s personal targets the players have. If Mane or Salah want a new challenge, they will be sold at the right time for a fee that works for the club.

We acquired arguably the best CM in world football for what, Ā£20m? Maybe their contracts donā€™t get renewed, and one of them leaves at aged 30. Both their contracts are up in 2023. So in the summer of 2022, are you looking at accepting a Ā£50m fee for one of them with 1 year left on contract - probably.

1 Like

Yeah I know Ive been called out on that already, I did say +Ā£75m, tho just on my way

2 Likes

This is some serious ignorance on your part.

6 Likes

I did mean affordability in the sense of the buying club?

:roll_eyes:

You do know that Mane is a Muslim too!!!

9 Likes

Of course, but in the eyes of most people they see him as black first, not Muslim.

2 Likes

Thats not true at all for me. Salam, or maybe Salah.

1 Like

Yeah I think thatā€™s a minor hurdle. If Salahā€™s agent makes the call to Real Madrid, I have little doubt, Madrid are selling and moving players our to make space.

2 Likes

Mane is not the only one either and weā€™ve had a few more in the past and will have in the future.
As I said,who cares as long as they win shinies

3 Likes

Not in mine

3 Likes

Its an interesting issue and should be dealt with delicately, but as a club, I am so proud that LFC have the worlds greatest Muslim playersā€¦its a credit to the spirit of the club.

4 Likes