Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

“Good moaning, I was just pissing by”

8 Likes

So our most fouled player didn’t play for us and our second played very few games.

It’s not a very funny joke isn’t it.

3 Likes

Origi does fall over a hell of a lot though, he also comes on near the end of games when teams are tired.

Was reading elsewhere that one of the main things refs look for when using their tiny brains to work out if someone has dived or not is if the “fouled” player puts their hands to their head… Which Salah does everytime.

2 Likes

Mane is our only starter that is in the top 5 for most fouled players.

The rest are squad/rotation players or weren’t even playing for us

2 Likes

Yes Mo, that’s more like it. Two typical Salah goals today. Not too many touches please, but clinical and direct on goal. Clever inside the area and attacking spaces. Cute finishes.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Souness is a master at regurgitating old news he has heard others spout.!
He needs to look for some originality to his stale comments.!

3 Likes

Redknapp came pretty close to the first time I’ve seen a pundit say Salah is treated harshly

6 Likes

Not bad for a one season wonder.

15 Likes

Plus he isn’t getting many pens this season

3 Likes

He’s getting more than before as Millie hasn’t been playing much. Just saying, his numbers have defibitely been boosted this season due to penalties. Not that I care as long as he’s scoring it’s when he’s not scoring that I get bothered. That’s his vital role for us as noone else is going to do it like he does.

Or a one-trick pony

Speaking of Mo Salah’s one trick, it’s been a while since we’ve see that cut in on his left and curl it into the top corner goal. It makes you wonder how he’s continued been the league’s best goal scorer without it.

4 Likes

Second half yesterday was the old Mo. Good to see it again.

3 Likes

He actually got a free kick when a defender draped himself over Mo. Absolutely strained credulity, that.

5 Likes

Apart from that missed foul where WH got their big chance Moss actually did a decent job today.

1 Like

I thought Souness was very harsh on Shaqiri at half time as well. In fact, in my opinion, he was totally wrong by saying Shaqiri is not good enough to play for Liverpool. Shaqiri is a quality player, who just doesn’t get a decent run of games. That first time pass to Salah last night was just sublime and he’s proved his quality on other occasions, just not enough.

7 Likes

Souness… when you look beyond the nice attire, immaculate bouffant and impressive playing record, he simply comes across unfortunately, as a guy that is just not too bright.!
Before speaking, maybe, just maybe, he should have added up that we have 7-8 first team regulars that are/were unfit to play yesterday…
So once that little fact had been absorbed by him, then surely he should have been adjudging Shaq against the remaining players on the bench, that didn’t need resting, and were fit to play… NOT judge against other world beaters out there that Jurgen hasn’t signed yet!
If he had done that simple calculation, then castigating Shaq was totally off-limits…!
But then, when you look at the poor managerial record Souness has on his own CV… and he was one of ours many years back… It is still very difficult to forgive him when he slaughters one or more of the guys that are still pushing the train for Jurgen, when called upon.!

4 Likes

I actually have a lot of time for Souness, especially after seeing what he was trying to do when he was our manager. Right idea, wrong time sums it up in very few words.

That said I disagree with his analysis of Shaqiri yesterday. I didn’t think he played poorly at all. Does he get into our first 11 with everyone fit? No, but that shouldn’t distract from what I thought was a pretty solid performance yesterday.

There were certainly worse performances from elsewhere in our starting 11.

6 Likes

I can remember the RM talk when he had his first season success and they “apparently” wanted to wait to see if he could replicate his goal scoring.