Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

So they opted to be told to fuck off later, rather than after Mo’s first year?

3 Likes

Clearly since defenses have taken his one trick away from him, Mo is nowhere near the other top premier league goal scores.

Probably not even within 3 goals…

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’m always remodelling my LFC all-time squad and Salah is the only current player who is in it. VVD and a few others may make it in a couple of years’ time but I cannot think of a better right forward in our history than Mo.

7 Likes

I wonder if those stats were available for Kenny Dalglish?

1 Like

Two great goals, then a few bad misses and not much in between. Or not like before. I didn’t expect him to keep 44 goals every season, but I think he has lost a bit of his “superpower” as time went on. A combination of his technical minuses being more obvious in a situation when defences know how to defend him better. He’s physically a monster, though. This season he has hit better form, though not that amazing like it was being said. I’d like him to find that consistency again.

It is very tough for him with 8 players packed between him and the goal with maybe 2 or even 3 closing him down quickly. He’s at his best when we move it quickly and he has a bit of space to run into.

2 Likes

Thing is it’s the only place we are getting any space, left side Robertson seems to be having to do it all by himself

I’d like him to help himself by playing more simply. Mane is much better when he’s got players around him and he has to use his ball manipulation and pure strength to get out and keep us in possession. I don’t like when Salah is trying to do the same.

1 Like

He’s a world class player for me, with world class numbers, and I’m very sad that this season has exposed a few of his deficiencies - but it’s been like that for many players, not just him. The balance of the side is wrecked, Trent doesn’t work as well with him as last season (perhaps they both miss having Henderson on their side of the midfield), there’s no Keita to break the lines, pick him out with a through pass or for one-two. Firmino doesn’t drag away players like he used to, he’s dropping much deeper, leaving Salah and Mane often isolated on the flanks… No wonder the opposition is always able to surround him with three players. These next three months are going to be very, very long with so many players out.

1 Like

He needs lots of chances to score, gets in the right positions… Sadly we are creating fuck all.

He wasted a couple of decent opportunities but I thought he looked sharp tonight. Some of the players around him were abysmal.

He can’t do it all on his own, he just needed more help.

3 Likes

Some times brilliant others infuriating.

1 Like

Doesn’t get the respect he deserves for creating for others.

1 Like

Makes more progressive passes than Mane or Firmino but he’s so selfish Kenny would hit him apparently. Some shit gets said by pundits. Shocking they actually get paid for opinions.

2 Likes

Look at our best plays, TAA, Robbo and Henderson wonderful stuff. The question on everyones lips though is where is Gini amonst all those dots.
Mané recieves a lot doesn’t he, even more than Salah!

3 Likes
9 Likes

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/lovren-suggests-salah-could-spend-another-six-years-at-liverpool-/k8twyc5m1cnj1xaip30rd5kjh

1 Like
1 Like

1. Brun Fernandes 5.81
2. Jack Grealish 5.42

So diving to win a penalty is now considered an assist I see

5 Likes