Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

At least. And they get to foul him too. Apparently in a league with Bruno Fernandes, Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling he’s “too theatrical”! He’s one of the top players for playing at speed in the opposition box but one of the least “fouled” players in the whole league. Or at least fouls given as fouls. But despite all that, despite playing in a dysfunctional team, despite being predictable and easily stopped by opposition defenders… he’s still on track for his 3rd golden boot in 4 years!

8 Likes

To be fair, Robben had one “thing”, and he was very good at it. Even when we all knew exactly what he was going to do, he still did it effectively, season after season.

But Mo isn’t a diving, baldy cunt, so I don’t understand the comparisons.

2 Likes

No, he wasn’t. Christ almighty.

5 Likes

I need something to make me laugh and that’s hilarious :joy:

4 Likes

Selfish player not as good as Robben and he never smiles.
Sell him in the Summer for £200million and buy Harry Klaim.

youre welcome thank you GIF by PlayStation

I’d prefer to pick up handfuls of broken glass, then shit in my hands all over the glass, before giving a round of applause to Boris Johnson.

6 Likes

Smooth talking bastard :heart_eyes:
Valentine’s Day was yesterday.

3 Likes

You forgot to add

One season wonder and
One trick pony

:wink:

3 Likes

Well I didn’t want my post to seem ridiculous :frowning_face:

1 Like

:joy:

He really wants that new contract.

1 Like

:joy:

Easy man, let it go, let it go.

I dont think those stats are that great. To me shows that our front 3 make between 3-4 progressive passes per game. Considering how we have dominated possession at times, that isn’t a great stat IMO. At least one of them should be up around De Bruyne / Fernandes I think.

Not sure you are thinking it through right. Attackers are always going to be receiving more than making progressive passes. Salah is one of the top forwards for making them on that list. Our main progressive passers or playmakers (to compare to De Bruyne and Fernandes) are Robertson and Trent who both make more than them two. Henderson is under appreciated on this too.

1 Like

I dont think I am. This is progressive passing, not shots on goal. I think if you used this along with completed passes, key passes, assists and shots on goal you’d get a fuller picture of each player. While I certainly agree that, as forwards they will be receiving more than they receive 3-4 progressive passes for a team touching on 75% possession is not that great IMO.

1 Like

Right you know Salah is the forward who has created the most open play chances in the league right? Why are you trying to say its disappointing he hasn’t made as many forward passes as players like Fernandes and De Bruyne? They’ve always got players in front of them to make progressive passes to, its their primary function (well maybe Fernandes primary function is winning penalties so secondary function). Salah is usually our furthest forward or one of our furthest forward so the vast majority of his passes aren’t going to count as progressive. He’s the most creative forward in open play in the entire league though so I’m really confused by this criticism.

3 Likes

They haven’t got as many progressive passes as De Bruyne or Fernandes according to that table. Typically I cant find the thing now.

What I will say is that I think it also highlights how we play but given that Firmino is supposedly the link I’d have thought he would be higher in that

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

He was really doing my nerves in that first half, though he improved in the second. It’s not only that he didn’t pass to Mane, but the quality of the shot, too relaxed. Wanted more activity and accuracy from him in that first half. Great goalscorer and goal involvement, but my word technically it can be so painful to watch him (like he put even more focus on strength work and became less agile and unpredictable on the ball, never found him to be a great manipulator of the ball anyway).

4 Likes

There is a reason why I believe that Liverpool’s chance to win CL is as strong as securing a place in Top 4. As we can see, Leipzig and probably many other foreign teams, unlike PL teams, is not familiar with our football style and cannot properly adapt, as indicated by this match.

1 Like

Nagelsmann isn’t familiar with Klopp or Liverpool and how we play? More likely CL teams refuse to play anti-football as a means to “win” games…

6 Likes