Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Correct, they have access to all the footage of games against us and still they try and play the way they have done all season. It is refreshing watching 2 teams trying to play open football.

4 Likes

Not sure what his has to do with Mo, butā€¦

Leipzig arenā€™t a park the bus side. Iā€™ve watched a lot of their games in the past year or so and only once have I seen them attempt that, against PSG in the semis last year. They were crap in that game and nullified anything good about their play with the negative tactics and PSG had a very easy night.

They played about as well as can be expected last night but we have the better players and it showed. Moā€™s anticipation for Sabitzerā€™s back pass was sublime, no player in the game reads those situations better than Salah.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Or we just played well, and havenā€™t done

1 Like
4 Likes

Wow;

4 Likes
8 Likes

This video should be force fed to the fuckwits in the media who insist on pushing the agenda that Mo is selfish, greedy and never passes.

Now, where can I get a hold of Graeme Sounessā€™ email address? :thinking:

8 Likes

Flat-track bully :rofl:
One-trick pony :rofl:
One season wonder :rofl:
Selfish cunt :rofl:

6 Likes

One thing I wouldnā€™t accuse Salah of being is a playmaker. Thankfully that video proves it. Playmaking is certainly not what we could wish for from such a good attacker. Playmaking is a lot more Firminoā€™s job though I would call it defense opening, assisting or something. (help me out here).

1 Like

I donā€™t think heā€™s very good at that. Final ball and amount of assists? Yeah, itā€™s nice. Ability to use his strength? Yeah, heā€™s one of our strongest players on the ball. Attacking spaces? Heā€™s one of the best at doing that not only at Liverpool but overall in the game. But playmaking is not only that. In terms of ball manipulation, keeping possession (as heā€™s our highest positioned player, of course I expect him to take most risks), changing direction, I donā€™t like him. Runs into opponents/groups of players too much. Not to mention in deeper areas, the amount of times we conceded counter attacks because of his weak passes inside or back. I prefer him as our ā€œRonaldoā€, heā€™s not a #9, heā€™s not a winger, heā€™s not a #10, but heā€™s best as a wide forward goalscorer with more freedom than other players. I donā€™t expect his game to change either (like going deeper to a winger role, going up top as a sole striker, becoming more of a creator), so he remains our best goalscorer or we change to something else.

4 Likes

Coming from one of the meanest defenders of his time, thatā€™s something. :heart_eyes: :muscle:

1 Like

A picture of him during the game tonight.

Where are the statistics about how great he has been.

2 Likes

I knew he was fast, but to outrun the camera shutterā€¦!! Fuckinell

8 Likes

Weird fucking post. He played well. Wasnā€™t ā€œselfishā€, worked hardest defensively out of the front 3 I thought, more disciplined position wise definitely anyway.

6 Likes

His touch was all over the place, wasnā€™t great but he was involved throughout, same goes for Mane.

1 Like

Exactly this.

In todayā€™s game against Sheff Utd, he was positioned out wide mostly. TAA slotted in a back 3 out of possession, and Salah was obviously under instructions to keep wide.

Klopp tried something different in this game, to change things up, shore up the defence with TAA staying more back than usual, and taking a calculated gamble by positioning his best goal scorer mainly out wide, and allowing Curtis more freedom to run into the box.

5 Likes

Take a look at the scoring table.

3 Likes

From the Front6 he was the worst IMO. Was surprised he didnā€™t score because usually he does when he has a bad game.

Hope he will score two vs. Chelsea.

1 Like

Youā€™ve been very anti Salah all season. Itā€™s fucking weird. Weā€™d be in danger of slipping into the relegation scrap if it hadnā€™t been for him. Heā€™s single handedly kept us in touching distance of top 4 with 20 goal involvements in 25 games. Mane has 11 in 23 and Firmino 11 in 26 and nobody else gets more than 6. Guy is single handedly keeping us afloat yet youā€™re always in this thread sniping on him, picking arguments with posters who praise him over something, itā€™s so bloody strange youā€™re practically a troll by now. He was fine tonight, didnā€™t lose the ball anywhere near as much as the other two, didnā€™t waste loads of chances like Firmino. Might not have scored or assisted but was a much more disciplined performance helping Trent out who seemed to have a lot more defensive responsibility helping out the CBs. He canā€™t score every game. And he shouldnā€™t need to score two to stop you coming in and running him down.

2 Likes