Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

He was a bit like Wijnaldum - didn’t do much wrong, did his bits well, but wasn’t involved enough. Neither had a real influence on the game compared to Thiago, Jones, Trent, Firmino or Mane.

4 Likes

I am not anti Salah. Didn’t like his performance. That’s it.

He often has worse performances but than somehow scores a few goals.

People are still complaining about Firmino not scoring and Mané not being at his best but for me they often work much harder than Salah.

Salahs thread is full of ’ doesn’t get enough respect ’ posts but I’d say he doesn’t get criticized enough when he has a bad game.

For me it was important to make that post after the game before some weird statistics appear and conceal his (IMO) shitty performance once again.

1 Like

Did he have a bad game tonight? Thought he was alright. Some of his close control and footwork when he’s under pressure is unreal.

4 Likes

Did they do anything right? Mane seemed to misplace 2 3rds of his passes and achieved nothing despite being given more freedom to be closer to the goal and Firmino was lucky, his shot was going well wide, again, when it hit their player. Sorry but it seems nobody can say anything negative about those two sometimes but loads criticise every little thing about Salah. We’ll miss him a lot more than them.

1 Like

Actually its quite full of people arguing why one of the top scorers the Premier League or this ridiculously successful club isn’t actually all that.

1 Like

Have you visited the Bobby thread in the last 8 weeks? :rofl:

Probably been too busy with
over all the Salah statistics.

He scores and assists and long may it continue but not everybody is a fan of his playing style, his performances, his work rate, his body language etc.

Not few people would prefer Suarez at 28 over Salah. What are you going to do about it? Look for some pointless statistics to ‚prove them wrong’ ? Don’t even try.

1 Like

Yes, they did. Mane carried the ball into dangerous areas and Firmino played a number of good passes and linked up well with Jones. Both players were more influential than Salah for sure.

I’m plenty critical of Firmino and recognise Mane has been off his game for a while but they were better than Salah last night.

2 Likes

Completely unnecessary. You’re much better than this.

3 Likes

At this time he is by far the sharpest of the front 3. Unfortunately he is also the least involved.

2 Likes

I‘m sure some statistics and twitter highlight clips will soon pop up and try to make us feel like he’s been the most important player last night.

100% correct about him being the sharpest but the least involved. Not just yesterday. Not in every game. But often.

1 Like

4 Likes

It was clear he had a different role last night. You can see it when you saw how the team shape was. I can’t believe the player we most rely on for goals over the last four years constantly gets attacked by our own fans whenever he isn’t as involved in the area (due to tactics), or called selfish (factually incorrect) or a diver. I cannot understand how underappreciated he is I really can’t.

https://twitter.com/topimpacat/status/1366169615928332290?s=09

4 Likes

Nice miss, reminded me of that terrible at the Nou Camp (went completely mad at that one).

:joy:

Interested to know how he’s reacting to this new change of shape. Since Everton at HT, we flipped to practically 3 at the back (Trent playing even deeper than in the first half of the season, we need him to support the poor likes of Nat and Kabak), Robbo very high almost like a left wing back or left winger, Mane almost like an additional striker with Bobby, Jones in a single #10 or left sided 10#, Salah wider than before on the opposite side and two double sixes. Off the ball, we go back to our 4-3-3 shape.

2 Likes

Robertson did him no favours with the pace of the pass. The Barcelona miss was far worse.

1 Like

Wasn’t ideal yeah, but he needs to score, no discussion over it. You can also “prepare” that it might not be an ideal ball, but attack it better (even with his weaker foot).

1 Like

Salah not happy at being taken off. Shaking his head as walked to bench. But 5 mins ago Klopp was screaming at him to track back & help out defensively, he was a long way off. Bit of a half hearted jog. Klopp turned to Ljinders almost straight away & they discussed replacing him

2 Likes

Well I’m not happy with the shit we’ve been served up this last 3 months, and no amount of puff pieces on the official will change the fact that what we are doing game after game is dire.

Someone made the point about some players not wanting to be here if we don’t get CL, well at the moment the only two who get a pass on not being blamed for that is VVD and Gomez.

1 Like

Some players have barely looked Championship, let alone Champions League, level for months.

5 Likes

Well, expect tabloid style headlines for the next few days.

I just think with our inability to score, need to find ways to free up our best goal scorer to concentrate on getting the ball in the back of the net.

I get against Sheff Utd we played defensively with Mo helping out, but that just compounds the goal drought from Bobby and Mane if that’s the blue print Klopp is trying to use.

Prefer if Salah was tried up front with Joat and Mane.

3 Likes

Frank Lampard? :thinking:

(Jammiest Of All Time)

1 Like