Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Sorry but the substitution was bizarre. In fact all of them were. The only players who looked like they may make something happen were Salah (that ball over the top onto a six pence for Mane deserved to be finished, would have been an unbelievable assist), Jones and Thiago. It already makes less sense this defensive shift with the players on the right getting more defensive responsibility and the left more attacking freedom. Play to strengths. Robertson better than Alexander-Arnold at defending. Mane better at playing as a traditional winger/wingback than Salah. Salah better up top than Mane. Flip it. Robertson part of the back 3 not Trent. Trent and Mane the ones that end up the wide guys not Andy and Mo. Mo and Bobby (or better yet Jota now) up top not Sadio. Sadio and Bobby have been horrific in front of goal for ages and Salah the only one of them threatening to score every game but Salah has been moved further away from goal and them two given more freedom. If its to get them on the score sheet to break their ducks it ain’t working. Stick with what is.

1 Like

The player didn’t track back.

The manager wasn’t happy and took him off.

1 Like

Maybe the manager picked the wrong player to be doing the tracking back and wasn’t realising what the main actual issue was? We played two upfront the last two games who haven’t even scored 1 in 4 this season whilst the leagues top scorer is doing the tracking back from the wing back position.

3 Likes

Klopps fault, Klopp out!

1 Like

Klopps the best manager in the world but only human, he can make mistakes and we should be allowed to discuss and acknowledge them as mistakes. No need for immature shit. Klopp took Jones, Salah and Thiago off when we are 1 nil down. Apart from Robertson and Alexander-Arnold (as always) have a guess the only 3 other players who actually made a key pass in the whole game?

1 Like

Hey I get immature Klopp crap a lot and you do it to me as well so less of this immature shit. Get a grip!

Have I? When? Not saying I haven’t but if anything my posts are usually bloody long essays so doesn’t sound like me.

1 Like

Well others then, oh! shut up leave me alone! :crazy_face: :rofl:
Surely confusing you with Mascott, sorry.

1 Like

Unforgivable crime :rofl:

1 Like

I’m grumpy after that match so am going ton start a new thread where I can whine away without it concerning the squad, Klopp or our abysmal form.

1 Like

I’m not sure if he will stay if we don’t get CL football. Things just aren’t going right. Could see Real, Bayern or City getting him.

Have to agree with @AnfieldRdDreamer here; the wrong player went off. If the plan is to keep Mo far out on the right and have him track back then sorry, it’s a shit plan. Even so, he played two killer balls and we really should have scored from the one he played to ManĂ© who tried to leather it and fluffed completely when a simple side foot with the keeper off his line would have beaten the keeper easily.

Firmino once again looked like he had just been introduced to a football and he stayed on. Bizarre.

2 Likes

Can you not see that Chelsea committed to attacking Trent’s position and at times overloaded him with 2 players and Mo never helped out Chilwell was having a field day going forward.

Saying that Klopp did nothing to alleviate it and teams have ‘found us out’ with our current formation, I feel it’s time to change the formation maybe 3 at the back, but 4 3 3 ain’t working.

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, the CF can focus more on finishing, because you will have 5 midfielders to do the grunt works instead of 3. And having a CAM will make it easier to attack directly from the centre.

But if Trent and Robbo Still push up that leaves us in the same boat with the long ball out behind Trent’s position, at least by having a 3rd CB, if we have any left, then we can cover that area better whilst Robbo & Trent still push up as true wingbacks

1 Like

I don’t think we have enough CBs to play 3 CBs. In addition, having a CAM will diversify our attacks and thereby will also relieve Trent/Robbo.

Would we really sell him to City?

In terms of how we do business, I feel we’ve moved on in from the days Raheem went that way

To say nothing of the fact, would he want to go there?

Salah may not show any streak of arrogance, but WTF is his agent doing putting out a cryptic social media message immediately he was substituted

Salah has limited ability and for that to shine the team has to play a certain way
 He has been accommodated and even indulged by Jurgen since he arrived from Roma and LFC have benefitted immensely
 However, all good things must come to an end
 most teams play 10 men behind the ball these days against us
 that takes away the potency Salah once had
 If his agent is putting out some sort of veiled threat with his infantile media posting
 then I say to him and Salah, don’t let the door hit you on the arse on your way out
!
We are LFC, we move onwards and upwards

1 Like

Dafuq is this? Limited ability? Don’t think he’s been found out as he’s still leading the scoring for the league. We’ve got a phenomenal player and last few games we haven’t used him to his strengths and he was trying to do a job. Maybe he wasn’t as good at that job against Chelsea as Klopp wanted but Klopp probably shouldn’t have been using him that way and when we’ve got such misfiring, goal shy, forwards up top it made no sense taking off our only goal threat. Can’t blame Salah for something his agent did during and in reaction to the game.

2 Likes

First off, that tweet about Klopp taking Salah off because he wasn’t tracking back is pure conjecture and speculation unless the author was right next to Klopp and Ljinders and overheard their conversation. The fact that Klopp was screaming at Salah to track back might have been completely irrelevant with the decision to sub him. For the record, Klopp said that Salah didn’t look right and that he was worried that he might get injured.

Second, Salah was probably the only player especially in the first half that looked sharp and the only one who seemed like he could make something happen. His pass to Mane for one was brilliant. Pity that he completely fucked it up.

Third, if Klopp did take Salah off because of his not covering TAA, he screwed up. Plain and simple. He could have changed formation, he could have switched positions between Firmino, Mane and Salah or better yet take Firmino off, who was a liability all game long, and put Jota in. Salah was the last of the front 3 that needed to be substituted, fitness permitting.

2 Likes