Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

He’s the only one banging in the odd goal.

4 Likes

I thought Jones had scored 1 or 2 as well but I’ll take your word for it. :wink:

I love Salah. I really rate him. I really really do.

But you consistently overstate hiS importance.

He is the product, he’s the end result. He’s the ‘lotto’ winner in this klopp team

Yes, he’s a statistical freak, but he has to be, looking st where he is in our system and where we need to be game by game.

It’s weird, it really is, I get your angle, but seriously, like Messi , when you are afforded that license, yes, your numbers have to be that good.

2 Likes

Robbie Fowler stating in the newspaper we should get rid of Salah if him and his agent are stirring for a move…
Says we haven’t missed Coutinho since he angled for a move have we…
My sentiments exactly!

If anything, Salah is the one player who is probably having a better season than last year.

2 Likes

Are you sure? Because Mane hasn’t been able to keep up with him and he is a top class player. At the moment Salah is being forced a lot further away from goal by the system whilst Mane and Firmino are getting given more freedom and opportunities to be closer to score and be on the end of chances but they still aren’t scoring. We lose Salah we may be up shit creek without a paddle.

Don’t worry. We have a cunning plan…

Liverpool will challenge Real Madrid for the signing of PSG’s French forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, if Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 28, leaves the Premier League club. (AS - in Spanish)

2 Likes

Would choose Mbappe on the left and Salah on the right of a front 2 (with Jota as back up/challenging for game time) in front of a diamond in 442 or in 3412 formation. Every day of the week. If its a choice between losing Salah or losing Mane and Firmino I’m keeping Salah. Them between them should bring in more and free up more wages. Salah out Mbappe in doesn’t change the front 3 much and doesn’t do anything about the out of form Mane and Firmino whilst Salah and Mbappe playing as a duo (SaS style) would be very hard to combat against and take our actual problems away whilst also generating more money to help fix the account issues. Not that any of this is realistic as things currently stand and yes, I know you were being playful.

Are you sure? Because Mane hasn’t been able to keep up with him and he is a top class player.
[/quote]
One thing missing in your caveat assessments to date ARD…
Mane + Firmino have to play alongside a greedy bastard who plays for himself first and foremost…
At least Mane + Firmino are team first orientated…
I hope none of them get sold in the near future. I just wish they would find some form and begin to gel the way they have in the past…

Maybe there’s an argument for keeping all three and not pitting our players against each other.

2 Likes

Salah has assisted more Mane goals than Mane has assists since Salah arrived. He’s also the forward that has created the most clear cut chances in the league since his arrival. But you knock yourself out buying into the media narrative.

2 Likes

Personally both Mane and Salah are greedy.

Both throw their toys out of the pram when they don’t score or get removed.

If it Spurs them on then great, I’d rather have that than them running away from the ball like Origi did against West Ham.

1 Like

Fucking ridiculous comment. Mo is goal oriented but has made more assists than Mané. He’s also just laid a goal on a plate for Mané last game out but yeah, greedy bastard.

Fuck me.

2 Likes

Realistically, without champions league, there’s no way he’ll choose to join us…

2 Likes

You are quoting goal assists as a measure of crucial passes between two players to fit your narrative… But that doesn’t exactly paint the full picture does it.
Read the post again please… in general play, in my opinion, he is a greedy bastard with the ball at his feet. When he has had a chance to pass to a player better positioned to take a chance on… he goes solo… Must be totally frustrating having to play up front with him… and for that point alone, Mane deserves full marks.!

One player sets up more goals than the other. Said player is a greedy bastard despite creating more goals than other player. The only narrative is the one created in the media after Mané’s strop and it has been fucking harped on ever since despite Mo’s contributions past and present.

That’s not to say he has not been in a position to pass before and I myself have said that he should but to label him a greedy bastard while still creating more than anyone else in our team over the past few seasons except our hitherto exceptional full backs is pretty low.

3 Likes

Another assist for Mo.

3 Likes

Fucking generous as fuck!

1 Like

His individual mistake cost us the game.

And where was he during the rest of the game against one of the weakest teams in the leagues?

2 Likes

The fact he did fuck all after that soft as fuck error is a worrying sign the guy has checked out.

2 Likes