Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Fact: Mo Salah is already 28 years old. We may consider selling him within the next 2 seasons and bringing a Under-25 alternative as a replacement.

I have a feeling Iā€™m going to drive ARD up the wall but it has to be done after Salahā€™s woeful performance against Fulham.
He gifted them a goal because he never ever attacks the ball. Heā€™s just soo predictable in attack and just waits for the ball, soo easy to defend againsr.
Thatā€™s the nicest stuff I can say right now!

2 Likes

Canā€™t see us pay his wages.

As I said, Salah is still a tier below Robben.

I thought Salah actually started the match brightly. Made a few good runs, and collected the ball cleanly (such as the take down from a hard hit forward pass by Jota). Second half he was AWOL though.

Also in first half he was up to the physical challenge. One high ball, Salah being dragged around the neck by the defender, but Salah holds him off and passes the ball. Excellent strength there. Of course, the ref fails to even talk to the defender once the play breaks down.

3 Likes

It was nonsense then and still fucking is.

4 Likes

Not everybody is a greedy cunt, you know.

What if (and this is purely hypothetical) he said heā€™d sign for Ā£250k per week? Still more than anybody else at the club but not completely outrageous? Yeah, other teams would offer him more but he loves Liverpool and wants a Klopp hug every day?

2 Likes

Go and wash your mouth with soap.

4 Likes

Haā€¦OK :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Robben was the biggest diver the Netherlands ever produced, Robben, not in Salahā€™s league.

8 Likes

Nice, Mo.

Shows fantastic strength and balance on the ball in duels when heā€™s in the final 3rd. But pretty soft in our box todayā€¦

I really donā€™t like him in our half. Conceded quite a few counter attacks when he found himself there.

Partly why I never understood how fans imagine him playing RW in a 4-2-3-1 or something similar. Heā€™s not for that zone, he needs to be playing high up the pitch as a goalscoring wide forward. Heā€™s not a ā€œmidfielderesqueā€ player.

2 Likes

On todays performance heā€™s no goalscoring wide forwrd either.

2 Likes

Heā€™s no striker (or #9), yeah. His best position/role is the one he was playing for the last couple of years. But heā€™s even less so a proper winger/midfielder or someone who needs to get involved in our second phase.

2 Likes

He had assist today, a shame for the opposition. :wink:

3 Likes

Had some shocking misses tonight and had started to creep into bad form the last couple of games. Still always there when needed.

2 Likes

Hopefully that finish drives him on to finding the net more, same goes for Mane, however it was a joy to see a goal created by the front three.

4 Likes

It was so heartbreaking to see him miss from that Thiago pass. Against United last season, he so coolly slotted the ball under DDG. Hopefully this game will help him get his composure back.

When Mo does his thing where he covers his mouth when he speaks to a team mate, is it just me that thinks theyā€™ve all told him that his breath stinks?

Iā€™ve just noticed that when Jota walks away it looks like heā€™s got a smiley face on his socks. I didnā€™t realise our socks looked like that and now Iā€™m choosing to blame it for our travails this season.

2 Likes

Nice clean finish, but again, a few really crap misses. I just donā€™t think heā€™s very good technically, not of the top level at least. Physically heā€™s a beast though, mentally strong as well.

Scores a lot, we would never achieve what we did without his goals. Iā€™m not sure someone else could replicate his role, possibly not even Mane (if we put him back to the right but in Moā€™s role).

But he should be scoring as much and probably a bit more, and Iā€™m not being greedy at all.

5 Likes

Salah and ManƩ looked like clowns infront of goal last night, a bloody circus. So yes, really pleased with them actually scoring.

2 Likes