Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Didn’t FIFA agree years back that it would be a U/23 comp with limited overaged players, but they would back it to guarantee the release of players of the tournement?

Still I don’t think it guarantees they have to release players I know one or two that clubs wouldn’t release when they had Team GB at the Olympics in 2012.

Considering they are losing him in January I’d tell them to do one.

A week before we play RM the press is doing their thing. Again. :roll_eyes:

They’re not forcing Salah to say things. :slight_smile:

Plus, there’s nothing wrong in what he said now.

Last time it was very, very interesting. From a pretty introvert player who doesn’t say much in the media, in the middle of a virus, to accept a Spanish media in his house.

But since then, he was quick to turn the story to “I’m happy at Liverpool”. Probably when his agent found out that a move to a Real isn’t happening this summer, there are other/younger top players who would get there ahead of him. Just like Neymar lately, who quickly turned and signed a new deal with PSG.

1 Like
6 Likes

Why is he doing so many interviews with this paper associated with Real Madrid. Does he want to leave or something?

1 Like

It’s not usually the players choice who they do press commitments with. Sometimes they get to say the specifically won’t with certain ones such as the S*n. But he won’t have turned up at their office asking for a chat. As he’s on international duty it may be part of what they are asking him to do.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it in his house though? Might be wrong in saying that but wasn’t it? That seems like a personal invite to me

Seriously doubt it. These things are usually set up.

1 Like

Yes, I feel it’s the papers who are interested. If the paper is leaning towards Madrid, may be it’s because of our forthcoming game with them.

1 Like

It always happens to every opponent on the run up to a big CL clash against them. Interview with their top star, ask him something along the lines of “well if Liverpool were to one day cash in would Real Madrid be a big enough club to tempt you” and then only print the answer and turn it into the headline and whole point of the article.

1 Like

I’m actually quite sick of fans pissing their knickers at stuff like this.

Mo’s answer could have been cut and pasted from any time any footballer answers a question about his contract.

Absolutely nothing to see here.

1 Like

Excellent post. Best thing I’ve seen you post in ages.

1 Like

Thanks… I think :grimacing: :rofl:

Truthfully I don’t think it’s the fans this time. The journos (at least the ones I’ve read on the socials) are winding people up and shading this as a negative from Mo. I’ll have to go back and look for the Tweet but one went so far as to liken Mo’s comments to an “own goal”, which I thought was a bit excessive.

1 Like

It’s the lovely Samantha that’s being commented on. Seems like the restraining order and mandatory psychiatric therapy ordered by the judge hasn’t quite worked :wink:

2 Likes

:+1:

Great picture she’s got up. I guess she wrote words and stuff too, huh?

2 Likes

There were words?

1 Like

This is even without talking about security distance related to covid-19. These guys are breathing into his face from a few centimeters away, without any mask of course. It’s insane indeed, literally.

2 Likes

Personally, these interviews are a weapon both ways, if Salah and the lads are all on the level and up for it, mentioning where he fits into the Madrid team, or who he likes from madrid, or any kinda of remark suffesting player ‘x’ is getting on etc is just as unsettling for them as for us.

The rest is just noise.