Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

In the NBA LeBron hasn’t won the MVP for nearly 10 years. Messi is currently top scorer in Spain and has been every year for about 7 years, yet a lot of the drop Barca have experienced has been put at his feet. It’s just the nature of being at the top table. Once you get there you are compared against your best, not against what other lesser players are doing.

2 Likes

Shame for Mo,

He has been the only player who has kept (something like) his form this year.

Everybody else - EVERYBODY - has been fucking shocking

2 Likes

Can just laugh about this.

So Alisson, Trent, Robbo, Gomez, VvD, Matip, Thiago, Fabinho, Hendo, Jones, Milner, Jota have been ‚fucking shocking’

:man_facepalming:t4:

Think Robbo, Wijnaldum and Salah were our only players without injury this season.

Maybe there are 2 or 3 players who were ‘shocking’ throughout the season but even they had some injuries but more importantly almost ALL of our players suffered from the injury problems in the whole squad.

2 Likes

And they’ve all been below their usual standards, due to not having any rest at all.

1 Like

I think Robbo did get an injured foot - in a CL tie. He just put some sellotape round it and carried on.

3 Likes

That is only part of their poor form I think.

Look at how Robbo and Trent have had to adjust their games to compensate for the lack of stability within the centre of defence, then add to that Fabinho and Hendo having their games altered to cover the loss of our CB’s meaning that Robbo and Trent have lost their usual cover behind them when they bomb forward leads to them not having the free reign to get forward as they need to be able to get back and help out defensively, when in the past Hendo and Fabinho would cover their defensive duties

2 Likes

Actually Henderson as well, until he was moved out of the midfield/was injured - which also coincided with our rapid form drop.

And I am saying this as a major former JH critic.

1 Like

I accept your point but it shouldn’t matter. You do your job and trust your teammates to do theirs.

1 Like

Devils Circle, domino effect, spiral - call it what you want but there are understandable reasons why players (even Sadio and Bobby) were not able to perform.

Players had to adjust, because teammates had to adjust because other teammates were out injured.

By the standards we have come to expect - yes.

The injured players have a pass.

But Alisson, TAA, Robbo, The midfield as a collective, Mane and Firmino form has gone off a Cliff compared to the previous 2 seasons

1 Like

Palestine isn’t a dirty word, Mo.

4 Likes

No it isn’t. But let’s appreciate that he actually showed the courage and compassion.

2 Likes

Have absolutely no problems if no Liverpool players are picked for any best XI this season.

2 Likes

Why did Mo have to remind the government that he’s only been here for four years?

Priti Vacant is going to be after him now.

3 Likes

Mo Salah, breaking on the counter on his own! Against Man Utd. Game, set, match. Always :grimacing:

3 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Rhys Williams is the second player to arrive to congratulate Salah (after Jones who was just behind Salah to start with). Rhys really isn’t slow, I think some on here have to start acknowledging that and perhaps read my postss on the subjet! :wink:

4 Likes

So you saying he’s(Rhys) just lazy?

And Mo now tied with drooly for golden boot.

2 Likes

I didn’t see Mane celebrate Mo’s goal, miserable twat. He needs to give his head a wobble or fuck off!

Suppose in a way that might be good considering Spurs vs Leicester.

1 Like