Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Wonder what the referee would do if a player took his shirt off and he had an identical one on underneath…! :0)

1 Like

I’ve fond memories of some of the girls who frequented the bars I worked at in Sydney.

FIFY.

1 Like

Googling Hayley Rasso now…

1 Like

Thought it was because it offended the bloody Muslims :roll_eyes:

No, I thought it was a sponsorship issue, as well. I remember Getafe had a Burger King sponsorship with “The King’s” face on the inside of the shirt, so players could pull it over their heads and…transform…into…The Burger King…

Why do we watch football again?

1 Like

This photo gives me goosebumps. Not a cell phone in sight, just pure joy and celebration for our club and for Mo.

9 Likes

Except for the bloke halfway up on the extreme left.

3 Likes

How did I know you’d be the one to go through it closely and save me looking :rofl:

1 Like
  1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man United) – £91.5m (£51.2m salary / £40.3m sponsors)
  2. Lionel Messi (PSG) – £80.5m (£54.9m / £25.6m)
  3. Neymar (PSG) – £69.5m (£54.9m / £14.6m)
  4. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) – £31.5m (£20.5m / £11m)
  5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – £30m (£18.3m / £11.7m)
  6. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – £25.6m (£19.8m / £5.8m)
  7. Andres Iniesta (Vissel Kobe) – £25.6m (£22.7m / £2.9m)
  8. Paul Pogba (Man United) – £24.9m (£19.8m / £5.1m)
  9. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) – £23.4m (£19m / £4.4m)
  10. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid) – £21.2m (£19m / £2.2m)

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/mohamed-salah-listed-as-5th-highest-paid-footballer-in-the-world/

1 Like

Salah’s the lowest earner in terms of salary on that list. Whether the salary includes the bonuses is not clear, as our players have highly incentivised contracts.

That will be the basis upon which Salah’s representatives are negotiating the contract.

I think Bale’s on his last year at Real, he’ll fall away from that list. Lewandowski has 18 months left of his contract at Bayern - not sure he’ll earn more than he’s on now given he’s already 32. Neymar is a similar age to Mo, and earns a considerably higher salary. Mbappe is going to be earning more from next season, as will Halaand, but both are so much younger than Mo.

Age is a factor, as is the economy going forward. Will be interesting to see where he ends up on the list. Currently feeling confident it’ll be sorted and Mo will be here for a while yet.

Oh and lol and United paying out 50odd million a year to Ronaldo, and playing Sancho in the league cup who’s on £350kpw (not sure if thats accurate) and the 2nd highest earner at United, ahead of Pogba.

1 Like

Fucking hell, I wouldn’t have guessed that Iniesta was still on that kind of money!!

3 Likes

He recognised himself in the photo is my guess :wink:

1 Like

Nah. I’ve got hair.

2 Likes

One of these two, definitely

You just know in your heart that she talks like Tine Malone, and would kick fuck out you if she caught you nicking one of her garden gnomes.

1 Like

Have to say that list is probably about right in my opinion.

If I had to guess there were 4 above Salah it be that 4.

apart from Iniesta…

what the actual fuck?

My guess big sponsors paying that.

maybe…but its not like hes that marketable…

i mean…if i saw Beckham on that list, id kinda shrug and say, ‘well that figures’, but Iniesta?

surely hes not worth more advertising dollars than say…i dont know…Lukaku, or De Bruyne, or Van djik…or any number of current world class footballers?

But not many of those world class players are going to go and play in Japan are they.

Would have to be a player at the end of their career wanting one last big pay day.

1 Like