Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

football is actually only one of very very few industries where the workers actually get the money the industry generates.

maybe no one is worth 400k a week…but if anyone actually is, its people whos industry generates enough money, who spend most waking hours dedicating themselves to thier craft and then spend a reasonable chunk of that money on others humanitarian needs.

better that than some suit nets 20m for shorting some tech company thats has peoples pensions tied to, or some other faceless prick deciding which village has to die becuase it has a pot of oil underneath it.

12 Likes

Yeah, my bad. It’s three years. Had a brain fart and added on the year he’s got left on his current deal, which of course isn’t how it works.

Great news!!!
Love Mo!!!
Love LFC
Love where we’re heading :muscle:

1 Like

Adrian’s response

7 Likes

Definitely happy to see Salah signing and stop all the fucking media speculation. But honestly I don’t think this does not mean Salah will not leave us next Summer, it just mean protecting his value and some idiots like PSG or Real will come in with 130mil for him if he continues his good form. I hope this is not but it is hard to deny that this scenario has not played out in the management minds.

2 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing !

What a twat, just ruined another thread me me to whine in. At least it’s not 300 posts about his handbag.

1 Like

The best possible news. Strange length of contract, can only speculate but maybe it’s to minimise exposure to the high wages.

This gives us good options and stability moving forward. Looking forward to the coming season!

1 Like

Where is Mo on holiday, looks amazing…

Our representatives are like “yeah we have to get him to personally sign the contract, yep 3 day bender…I mean 3 day job to turn this contract around. Oh course we won’t enjoy it…business only, yes love I’ll ring you every day, I’m gutted I’m gonna miss your mums birthday”

1 Like

Make no mistake, the reason FSG was waiting until the end if the season to extend Mo’s contract was due to shorter wage exposure. If they cincluded the contract at the beginning of the last season, it would be 160k per week more to pay Mo. I am almost a little surprised they did not wait for a few more months :joy:

The best possible news indeed. Mo is here to stay!

1 Like

Think it is fair to say…I’m over the fucking moon with this one”.

1 Like

Another quality piece from Simon Hughes.

Side note: I’m a bit surprised that Milner was the best paid Liverpool player when he joined.

2 Likes

Remember he was a stuck up tosser demanding in his contract that he plays centre mid.

Yeah never believe twitter

4 Likes

Anyone think this is financially linked to Mane going?

If they offer Mo £350k a week then Mane would’ve wanted the same or more.

Its like the club have said to Mo… wait until Sadio goes then we can give you his £100k a week while bringing in Nunez on around £60k a week.

I might be talking shite of course.

5 Likes

Not shite at all; sounds eminently plausible.

5 Likes

Fuck sakes Mo. What kind of lean is that?

Anyone that says forward can also fuck off

2 Likes

Good point. I thought something similar.

Contracts of other key players (Trent, Robertson, etc.) was extended last summer. Mane has left. Salah has been made the highest-paid player. His wages now is unlikely to impact other extensions (Firmino, Naby). Also, we could offer such wages to only one player. So in hindsight, it’s some well-planned, shrewd dealings.

1 Like

You obviously missed my earlier post. :grin::grin:

1 Like

Naby should be taking a pay cut, not getting a rise.

1 Like

for @mattyhurst