Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

I 100% agree with this. Which is of course……

If we go into 2022 with it still unsigned I’ll be very worried. Mo’s agent must he rubbing his hands together counting the :moneybag:

1 Like

Sign him up. Come on. Mane too.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Best player in the world right now. We are lucky to have him. Hope we can keep him.

2 Likes

If Messi had scored that goal today, we’d never hear the end of.

It deserved to win the match, even if Liverpool didn’t.

5 Likes
1 Like

Perfectly stated start to finish.

Not much I can add to how others have described his goal today. Just absolute beauty.

I shutter to think what this side looks like without Mo. FSG please pay this man.

Time to sell while people are raving about him before he goes a game without scoring sometime. If you look at it in the cold light of day he has only scored one and setup another against a team of noisy neighbours that have never had european success and he hasn’t scored a hat trick for more than 12 months plus I believe we could still get something for him in January. Would bolster the war chest for a big new contract for Naby who will surely be poached if he is not tied down pronto. And, most importantly, his twitter game has been off for a while and he’s not providing great brand cut through.

Sorry about that guys - looks like Ewar Woowoo took over my login somehow. I’ve changed my password from Keep_Ole_Manager_Forever so it hopefully shouldn’t happen again

Possibly playing the best he’s played for us at the moment. Of course you can’t give him anything he wants, but he really plays like a man possessed right now.

Can’t shake the fear that (like Suarez) he’s giving us one last brilliant season before leaving

If he hasn’t been taken into a room before training this morning and just given a new contract then somebody isn’t doing their job

If that season involves the CL and PL titles and he then generates a fee that funds a Haaland/mbappe level replacement or 2 or 3 outstanding young players that perfectly fit our squad then I say great!

2 PL and 2 CL titles plus a world class replacement for himself would be an absolutely stellar return for 5 great seasons and a 43m fee. Not to mention all his goals, the joy he has brought and his grace on and off the field. If he wants to move on in the summer, after giving us those titles this season and brings in a fee that can fund squad renewal then he has my support. I think he’d regret it personally and I expect he will stay but, right now, I’d be happy to swap him for another PL and CL this season and good cash this summer.

9 Likes

But you cant guarantee that Haaland and Mbappe will get over 100 goals like Mo has.
Mo is best player in the world at this precise moment and FSG will sell him in the summer rather than give him £400-500k a week. Enjoy him while he is here cos I think he’s gone in the summer.
FSG will rub hands at shifting a 30 year old for £100m with 1 year left on deal come end of the season.
Mo is like Ronaldo in how he looks after himself and has another 6-7 years at the top.

If anything we let Mane or Bobby go next summer (ill be gutted if either leave) but you dont sell the best player in world.

If he has been taken into the room before training today for a new contract, that somebody isn’t fit for the job even in that case :wink:

Can’t guarantee anything. But if Mo gives us an amazing season that far exceeds his previous (ala Suarez per quote above) so that we win the PL and CL then I’ll be very happy. End of the day its about trophies not goals and sometimes players want to move on - if that is harnessed positively and leads to the big prizes then great.

You may of course be correct - I’m just thinking short term and want the PL and CL double this season. There is no guarantee that in 2/3 years we wont be a completely different outfit and I want us to win stuff now.

6 Likes

Come on, you are just making shit up so you can moan.

His wage demands are £300k - £375k a week as reported by numerous journalists. Which is about £50k above what we want to pay.

I think it gets sorted.

The irony that The Athletic used De Bruynes contract renewal as a benchmark Salah was looking at, yet ignoring the facts of that deal… I.e. De Bruyne got rid of his agent, employed his own analytics firm to show his worth to the team and it still took 6 months with a club who have litterally no wage structure.

We aren’t even 3 months into negotiations, but it makes great “clicks” to point out Salah is currently in them with a slight negative slant on it.

8 Likes

100%. We have to be realistic that Mo will be 30 next June. Whilst that doesn’t represent the end for professional footballers he will be looking at his last bumper contract. One that will take him into his mid 30s when he’ll have hardly any resale value at all.

It will become a law of diminishing returns. Like it or not selling Salah next year for a decent fee and replacing him with a hot shot striker at least 6 years younger is likely to be the prudent option to keep us at the level we need to be.

2 Likes

Im not moaning i just think FSG will move him on as 30.
Football still has this stigma that when you hit 30 youre done.