Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Wonderful assist, he’s been using that outsife of his left foot a lot lately. Especially looking for the final ball. One of his first assists like that was the ball in Munich for Mane, that was also an absolute peach.

2 Likes

I will repeat…

One season wonder
One-trick pony
Selfish

did I miss anything…

Stay that way Mo :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yup, ya did indeed.

Can add lazy. Never tracks back. Dives. Becomes a diva when gets subbed. Doesn’t celebrate others’ goals. Hogs the limelight. And I haven’t even warmed up yet.

We should only offer him a contract to scrub the one and only Paul Konchesky’s boots.

1 Like

Bit of hyperbole going on here, did nobody see him lose the ball not seconds before scoring. Sloppy. :wink:

Salah announcement of his new contract on the eve of the game against United would be nice.

1 Like

Pah. Not even Championship level that.

2 Likes

Go back and watch his goal today, just before he scores he loses posession like a League 2 player.

1 Like

Can’t pass! :rofl:
… or won’t pass to Mané?

2 Likes

How can your N°9 score a hatrick and not get MOTM? (one answer allowed) :wink:

1 Like

im a big deal GIF

1 Like

Apart from the tap-ins Bobby misplaced quite a few passes and gave the ball away on a number of occasions. Just playing devil’s advocate, but before his first goal he was looking a bit lost.

That goal is even better when you notice it had to curl around Danny Rose’s thicc frame

premier league wtf GIF by BBC

1 Like

During the telecast Jim Beglin said Danny Rose “looks heavy, overweight”.

Jim Beglin also said that after Mo’s spin away from Danny Rose and provided one of the gem assist of a goal by Mane, he said that “Salah has come out of that smelling of roses…” :wink:

Seems like with his last two games he is telling the owners I’m worth what I’m asking for. Not that I believe he is demanding massive wages.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t know what Salah is asking for but in order for a new contract, both sides have to play ball. When it comes not being held hostage for any amount just because the player is probably the best in the world now, I am on the side of the club. Neither would anyone is asking Salah to settle for pennies. I believe it’s the same principle of when we sign a new player, we must really believe the player wants to sign for us, believe in our vision and style and spirit beyond the financial aspects which must still be reasonable of course.

I don’t believe the club expects Salah to have a small increase but Salah needs to let the club and his agents know that he really wants to stay and not use what PSG and Madrid etc is willing to throw at him to negotiate with us. And if that is so, I would let him go. I trust Salah wants to stay, the agents would have a different agenda maybe.

1 Like

I don’t at all disagree with this. There is still plenty of time. I would imagine a contract for one of the best players in the world is complicated.

That said, I found it peculiar the club made Hendo’s new contract a priority this summer still with 2 years remaining. That’s not at all to say Hendo doesn’t deserve it, Bc he 100% does. But coming off a season he missed the last 3 months, I was surprised to see FSG do it before the season started. IMO it was outside of how they normally do business for a player of his age.

My own perception, the handful of new/improved deals the club did this summer is making supporters nervous about Mo, and their imaginations are running are creating unnecessary drama. Of course the media and journos smell blood in the water and will continue to sensationalize and misrepresent what’s really going on behind the scenes simply for clicks and drama on the socials.

I’m relaxed. In my heart I think it will get done but if it doesn’t they’ll also have a plan. We will know for sure by next summer. For me it seems unlikely they’ll let him run it down to leave on a free.

1 Like

Watching today I saw the difference with his passing when he’s deep in midfield and in attacking posture. I can now answer my previous question, it’s about technic I think. I’m not going to ask what the technical ‘problem’ is as I will undoutably be met with scorn. :kissing_heart:

1 Like