Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

My amateur guess is that the hardest part of the contract negotiation will be about length… at 29 the question of how many more years he can play at this level is very real and the club won’t want to be paying balloon d’or wages to a 34 year who is no longer effective.

And of course Salah trains very consistently and has no reason to think he won’t be every bit as good at 34 as he is today. Every athlete believes they will be the one to beat father time.

3 Likes

The only thing that came close to Salahs goal was Salahs pass for Mane.

Unreal player.

Best in the world

4 Likes

I think I even prefer the pass to the goal.

But that’s just me probably. :joy:

1 Like

Mail reporting that his agent flew into watch game yesterday and will sit down with Lfc re new contract this week.
He is trying to get him £500k a week apparently.

1 Like

I think with a player of Salah’s ability and fitness, 4 or 5 years should be a given.

You can still probably sell him after 2 or 3 years for a still no unreasonable fee, or he can stay for whole contract and leave on a free and we will have got every pennies worth out of the initial transfer fee.

If the wages are still incetivized, if there is a big drop off in form for any reason, he may not hit targets and we pay him less.

What we can’t do is give him £750k a week because Klopp said he was the best player in the world.

Of course we don’t have any clue as to the nature of the negotiations. Perhaps he wants assurances over transfers after the last couple of seasons relative inactivity? Perhaps he wants Lovren back!

2 Likes

I think it will be £350-400k a week with the rest made up of personal incentives like score 25 or more and you get extra million at end of the season.

This is tricky for Lfc as Salah is now better than Ronaldo and Messi so he needs to be paid the around the same.

Time for FSG to step up or will they cash in and face fury of the fans

1 Like

What makes you think they made it a priority? We probably can work on multiple contract negotiations at the same time…

2 Likes

You realise he is already on over £400k a week right?

The problem is he wants to double his basic, which blows open our structure.

awkward bart simpson GIF

The club begin discussions on contract renewals for players it’s looking to keep or maintain value at least two years before their contracts expire. The club is concurrently having these discussions with multiple players.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

1 Like

No chance. It is well known that they can only negotiate 1 contract at a time I read it on the internet once so it obviously must be true :wink:

3 Likes

And not for the 1st time. Or even the 31st time.

The poster in question, while being someone I consider to be a valuable member of the forum, really needs to learn how to respond to others who aren’t in total agreement, without resorting to personal insults as a first recourse - which in this case were quite odious imho - as it’s a recurring pattern of behaviour that has been noted and won’t be tolerated ad infinitum.

I’d consider this to be a warning.

If he has flown in then there is some serious discussions to be had.

As it’s come off the back of Mo scoring a worldly and us going top for a while I’ll hold my cards, these discussions don’t take place just in person.

It’s not 1995 anymore.

1 Like

9 Likes

Mo presenting at the Earthshot event. Just when you think you can’t love him any more!

1 Like

If he continues like this, he will match that season he was unplayable (till Ramos injured him).

Despite that, I am comfortable with contract negotiations. In the past it could be argued we were a one or two man team. Everything focused on getting the best out of Suarez, or Gerrard, Torres, or Owen. Today we have at least half a dozen world class players.

If he did leave, it would be for one of the biggest sums in world football (ruling out all bar PSG/Real Madrid) and we would reinvest that into the squad (similar to Coutinhio).

I have a feeling though, Salah would not be the same exceptional player under a different manager, with a different club.

3 Likes

That’s true, but without Salah we wouldn’t be in the CL this year, and the current season would feel very different!

1 Like

My United supporting friend would tell you that stat means nothing, it’s all about how many trophies they’ve won and finals they’ve scored in. The same logic that means Drogba is clear of Salah and Gerrard can never be considered a great player.

1 Like

Mo has all the big trophies, and has scored in champions league final

They can argue the multiples if they want to be pissy pains, but they can’t say he hasn’t done it at the Abdul the highest levels of the game.

1 Like