Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Gini said some similar things. Not saying it will end up like that situation, Mo is more important to us than Gini was. It’s all part of the game, even if I do think he probably wants to stay here more. I don’t think he sees an opportunity somewhere else next summer. Not impossible, but when you look at the market, maybe he’s better off trying to get that bigger deal here. It’s all there in the interviews. When he was at Basel, he was thinking of a bigger move. When he was in Italy, he was thinking of going back to England. I’m absolutely fine if he spent some of his time at Liverpool thinking about attracting a Real of this world. But all those steps and moves are not the same of course. He is at the top level now. I think we will agree on a new deal, but then how long into that deal he’s this good or similarly good… and, how good is the rest of our team, that’s a whole different subject and very hard to predict.

Gini was saying these with a couple of months left. Salah has over 18months.

Presumably Mo isn’t present when the negotiations are taking place. His agent could be telling him absolutely anything.

I’ve never understood the need for these type of wages anyway but i would understand Mo wanting to be the best paid player at our club as he is the best player. Surely for him if 250k basic puts him top of the wages then you have to wonder does he actually need more than that. Sure by the end of his career he may only have 1bn instead of 2bn but i’m sure if he tried real hard he could survive on that.

Someone will now say that as the best player in the world he deserves the best wages but surely enjoying your football at a club that loves you must be worth something. It’s not as if he cant live on whats probably £500k a week including bonuses etc.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m slowly preparing for his departure because I don’t think it is possible to come to an agreement financially. I also see the similarities to Gini’s interviews, but I suspect we will sell him when a top offer comes in next season and not let him go as a free transfer like we did with Gini. We will take the money and invest in the squad. It is what it is.

4 Likes

Can bake a cake with such shitty ingredients, right? Or maybe you can, and that’s the problem.

1 Like

Did I miss where the terms of contract and what he wanted was discussed?

Would love to see him sign a new deal, but if not then he moves on.

The club is and will always be first priority. If Mo or is agent decide to get greedy, then he can go be someone elses financial problem.

He was always going to get more at another club so he needs to decide if staying at Liverpool is worth a reduced wage. I’m sure he is smart enough to take everything into account. It’s only up to Liverpool once they make the first offer or counteroffer. If he’s not budging on what he wants, then yes, it’s 100% up to Liverpool.

7 Likes

Mohamed Salah’s game by numbers vs. Man Utd:
47 passes attempted
44 passes completed
7 shots
6 touches in opp. box
4 ball recoveries
4 shots on target
3 goals

A record-breaking, historic display at Old Trafford

7 Likes

Just sign it lad…

1 Like

For the last few games, it was like Salah saying ‘Come on, Mikey, I’m good for it’

6 Likes

Im consistent in saying this, Mo Salah is right now our most crucial player. Get him signed, thats all

3 Likes

He still needs at least 7 other players to make a team.
Crucial no, best yes!

Fucking hell. Please sign a new contract Mo

Thing is regarding Mo contract.

I’m not sure who our top earner is now, but let’s say they are on 300k per week.

10 years ago our top earner was probably on 150k a week, 10 years before that probably 80k per week.

My point is in 10 years our top earner will probably be on 500k per week, so giving a worldie of a player like Mo 400k per week shouldn’t be seen as breaking our wage structure, but more so our natural progression of our wages

Give him the bloody contract now!!

3 Likes

Salah’s goal scoring now on level terms with Lewandowski and one above Benzema and Haaland , the only other current players in his bracket. I wouldn’t have believed that at the start of the season. It’s a minor indicator really, but’s gonna be fun to keep tracking these great players over the coming months.

2 Likes

We are witnessing the peak of a world class player in a Liverpool shirt in recent times. How often have such seasons and performances has been with other clubs, once the player left us and went to the then apparent ‘bigger’ clubs. Hope he stays and it’s all sorted with everyone happy.

3 Likes