Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Nah! just lying on their backs like they do. :rofl:

2 Likes

Indeed. Apparently you can hack at a foot and pull a shoulder at the same time and not be penalised.

Saw better games from him obviously because heā€™s a great player for us. Mostly in those dribbling moves last night, either again crushing directly into an opponent or going back to dribble someone he had already beaten 1v1. But generally takes better care of the ball this season. I think I read/heard somewhere that he did extra individual work over the summer on these little things in tight spaces. Perhaps some of those Robben drills to maximize the preparation work in order to get as effective as possible towards situations to threaten the goal. Can clearly see the difference in that aspect. Now heā€™s arguably playing even better than in his first season.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Ballon dā€™Or is a total farce. Guess that Mo will have to settle for this instead.

7 Likes

Itā€™s got far more credibility, suppose this is fans of registered supporter groups?

Then again a Twitter poll has more credibility than Ballon dā€™Or

2 Likes

Actually this year I donā€™t begrudge Messi winning it.

Top scorer in La Liga and won international honours.

There have been plenty of other years where he has won it or Ronaldo and Iā€™ve thought - na fuck that bu this year I think he had a strong case to win it.

Basically to win it you have to have a brilliant individual season as well as win either that champions league or an international trophy.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t swap Mo for any other player in the world at the moment.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s fine but anyone who watched that tournament will know it was hardly the showcase of his talents, I think it was basically a free kick that the goalie should have done better on and penalty if I remember.

Argentina were awful to watch but the tournament in general was poor.

2 Likes

Just want to say feeling so lucky to watch one of the world class players ever play for us and doing what heā€™s doing game after game after game. Mo Salah is one of the most amazing footballers in the world and he plays for Liverpool FC. It was such a long time watching players like Salah doing that for others, but heā€™s doing it for us now.

15 Likes
11 Likes

A one season wonderā€¦Every season!! :rofl:

10 Likes

That second goal was a little bit reminiscent of Suarezā€™s 4th against Everton in 2014.

2 Likes

That Amazon commentary just reminded me of a song I made up a few years ago (to the tune of Que Sera Sera):

Iā€™m Mo Salah Salah
Whatever will be will be
You see me but you canā€™t stop me
Iā€™m Mo Salah Salah

Heā€™s back in that form again. Not a damn thing anyone can do about him. They know what heā€™s gonna do, but they just canā€™t stop him! Long may it continue :grin:

5 Likes

ā€œYou call that pyro?ā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Get that contract signed, moving quietly into the top of the list of the ever best weā€™ve ever had.

7 Likes

8th best player in the world :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mo Salah watches Evertons defence go up in smoke

5 Likes

I wish I could add lazer beams from the eyes to tha picture.

2 Likes