Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

I think it’s a little harsh on our team there. I thought Wolves came with a plan and executed it rather well, and while we weren’t being precise enough, it wasn’t stupid little mistakes per se.

2 Likes

Not sure, I just saw lots of misplaced passes, little mistakes and things that you’d normally think we’d execute better. Our composure dropped a bit too and we were guilty of forcing it on occasion.

Rule out those errors and I’d be confident in saying we win that game 0-4. But that’s footie

I think if Jota hadn’t let the Wolves fans get to him, he would’ve scored a couple today. They were giving him stick all afternoon, that’s why he tried to take the net off, when he shot straight at Cody, instead of placing the ball either side.

3 Likes

What a touch. Sheer brilliance.

6 Likes

Their left back, Ait-Nouri, did really well against him. It wasn’r happening for Mo yesterday in front of goal but there’s no one else who could have controlled that Virgil pass like he did. Origi’s finish was brilliant but what an assist.

3 Likes

I wonder if he’d do well in an attacking side but I think only Chelsea managed to properly shackle Salah the way Ait-Nouri did yesterday. When he got off, I thought “imagine Salah scoring now” but I didn’t really mean it, I don’t want people to think that I’ve become an optimist!

Wow
Fucking wow.

5 Likes

He only won the game for us (again).
We’re entitled to so much more

3 Likes

So Mo wants a new contract and is asking the club to hurry up.

Problem is if Mo is saying “I want to stay but I also want £500k per week” I don’t think the club is going to go for it.

Mo coming out and seemingly putting pressure on the club to get this pushed thro makes me think that it could be a scenario similar to that.

It’s not because of Mo but it’s that Abbas, he is a right snake that cunt

2 Likes

I haven’t read the reports on this, but I saw it reported he referred to management. That probably refers to both his reps and the club, not just the club, in which case he is saying nothing out of the ordinary which the media are then just putting their own spin and running with.

5 Likes

Just conjecture we don’t actually know what he currently earns let alone what he asks for. With the performance related nature of our contracts its never going to be as simple as saying “£x” per week anyway.

One thing we need to be careful of is FSG/LFC have been very very good at making departing stars look like the bad guys with information leaked to the media. Salah seems to be setting his version out in advance if that starts being the direction this goes.

If Salah hasn’t signed by the summer I foresee us selling him for big money and making it out that it was all his fault for being greedy and chasing the money. Think it’ll be received a bit more cynically this time though.

1 Like

What other team on the planet would allow MO to showcase his talents in the way we do…
The answer is none… so why would he even want to leave
With the risk of career ending injuries at every juncture… who can blame him for trying to get what he can whilst he can

2 Likes

I disagree. I think this is more a narrative put out by those with an axe to grind against FSG.

4 Likes

Is this Abbas chap really his agent, though?

2 Likes

For the first time I’m getting a bit worried that he might not sign. Until now I’ve been thinking there’s some false jeopardy around this and that it’s all being carefully stage-managed for a pre-Christmas announcement, much like the last Klopp contract extension, or in the Jan transfer window to cheer us up when we’ve signed no one and City have just announced they’re signing Haaland.

I’m not sure about his latest comments. Sounds like there’s still a gap between him and the club. Big call for FSG. It’s less a decision about Mo and more about what sort of club they imagine Liverpool is going to be in the future and what level of financial risk they are prepared to live with.

2 Likes

Ive said all along FSG wont renew his deal.
Enjoy him while he is here because he wont be soon.

Well we do actually.

1. He owns his own image rights - That’s worth around £150k a week with all the sponsorships he has. This is why he is asking for around £400k ish.
  2. He earns around £350k a week currently, his basic is around £100-£150k, the rest is incentives.

The problem isn’t the figure he wants, i.e. around £400k a week basic i.e. guaranteed… It’s not that far away from what he currently actually earns… The problem is the structure, it’s over double the basic of any current player… Hence a massive stalemate.

The club simply aren’t going to decimate the wage structure in place, so unless Abbas (yes he is a snake - read how he got Mo as his player) is more realistic yes Mo could easily be sold next summer.

Where did you get this information from, do you happen to be party to the negotiations?

1 Like

It’s been around on social media by pretty reliable people for ages.

1 Like

Just fucking give him a new contract

1 Like