Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Feels like this is close to being done now.

5 Likes

please GIF

1 Like

Salah, if it helps, we can offer you 40 percent ownership of the TAN forum which can add undying love to your weekly wages.

5 Likes

If he asks for 60 , give it him.

4 Likes

The goal against Wolves, is a clear illustration of the level that Mo currently plays at. He’s running at pace and not only controls the the long high pass from Virgil with the outside of his left foot, but moves it forward with the right amount of speed, for him to run onto. It was a wonderful piece of skill and there’s not too many top players in the world who could do that. At the moment, I’m struggling to name one.
As previously said on here, if we allow Mo to leave, it will cost a lot of money to replace him, not just the transfer fee, but salary and length of contract for whoever comes in. It also sends out the wrong message, if we can’t keep our best players.

8 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with this. It really depends on where he goes and why. If another club can pay him more than we can with our best offer, and he prefers that project to this one, then so be it.

The players we aim to sign are unlikely to find that an issue - some may even welcome it.

3 Likes

I agree this is the most likely scenario if he doesn’t sign another contract. I can’t see who would buy him this summer unless Real Madrid suddenly decide they want him. Better for Mo to wait until the end of the contract and go on his terms, not the club’s. Doubly disastrous for us. Lose our best player for nothing.

I’m a bit more reassured after hearing JK speak on it. He doesn’t usually say much about contracts and he gave more away there than he needed to so no need to give up hope just yet.

1 Like

PSG? When Mbappe leaves they will have a huge hole in the squad. My only thought why Mo would leave is he clearly wants to win a Balon Dor and I reckon he thinks he won’t do that here.

1 Like

I really didn’t want to countenance that happening but it is a real possibility. FSG must also be acutely aware of the very real danger of our most prized asset walking out the door for nothing. With that it mind , wouldn’t it be probable that they would be willing to move heaven and earth to get him to sign a new contract now ? i.e. Give him what he’s asking for.

3 Likes

Everyone calm down. Mo will sign that contract.

Relaxing Deep Breath GIF by Talk Stoop

1 Like

Oh, I think you are on the right track. Offer him the chair for the official fan committee.

3 Likes

That would require another 10 seats for SOS!

2 Likes

Mo’s just become the third player in our history to bag a score of goals before the end of December in a season.
The first two are the obvious candidates

1 Like

Hunt and Rush?

1 Like

We broke the record in signing VVD. Same with Alison. Prior to that, many were saying Klopp/FSG would never do such a thing.

When there’s a clear plan, exceptions can be made. If so, Salah will sign. If not, then the game of selling/seeing out contract will commence.

IMO if Salah doesn’t sign, I’d want him to see out his contract like Gini and Emre. I know this would cause heads to explode in this forum, but they can stew in their own bitterness, while the rest of us enjoy the ride over the next two years gunning for all competitions.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Reckon his new contract gets announced Christmas Day and he smashes a hat trick against Leeds on Boxing Day to celebrate.

2 Likes

And also Egypt announces they are withdrawing from Africa and no longer part of the continent, meaning he won’t need to go to Afcon.

1 Like

Where are they moving to?
China perhaps?

They choose to identify as European but with China’s bank account