Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Now your really complicating. :cry:
I’m looking for clarity. :smiley:
So I’m guessing what your pointing at is that it’s all nonsense, just early negociation haggling type stuff that goes on all the time with important squad members in contract situations.

We’ve not really had too many nugget giving people in the employ since Rodgers left and since that departure, hamburger face Pearce has had his insider info dry up. He’s tried to stay as relevant as possible but you could tell by Jurgen’s reaction to him at the opening day presser that he’s got low level standing at the Club, if indeed any. His relationship with Rodgers and how he carried out some of soundbites of our previous manager in what basically amounted to a hatchet job on the Club’ s desired operating structure has come back to haunt him many times over and good riddance. He chose his side for the instant fame it gave him and it was the wrong one in the long run.

In case you’re wondering, I place very little import in good James over there.

1 Like

Let’s just set aside any rumored wage demand for the moment.

What someone is getting at some other club, let alone creeps like City, Chelsea, PSG, Barcelona, are not relevant. Salah wage should/must be rewarding for him and affordable for LFC.

I have no doubts that club will be able to structure the deal to reflect his status but also motivate him to keep scoring and assisting. To speak in layman’s terms, they might increase his basic salary by a certain amount but also raise his scoring/assisting bonuses. I doubt they will cave in and give him, say, 350K per week straight just because Rashford and Sancho have it.

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

According to reliable Dutch media the The Guardian en The Athletic report that Liverpool does not allow Becker, Fabinho and Firmino to travel to Brazil for the same reasons Salah is not allowed. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m glad the club are putting the foot down on this it’s basically shoving it to the government to intervene if they want these players to play.

1 Like
2 Likes

FFS!!! (no body)

1 Like

So will we give our leading goalscorer a new contract? The current one runs for two more years until he is 31 years old.

1 Like

He has to be next in line doesn’t he

They’re waiting for the end of the Jan window to announce it.

3 Likes

No money after Williams and Phillips signed extensions. Klopp liked the 2 for 1 deal proposed by Eddie.

Liverpool and Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, has demanded £500,000 a week to sign a new contract at Anfield. (Mirror)

I guess we will see if he has over time.

If he has he will he going next summer I don’t doubt.

1 Like

Players have every right to ask what they think they are worth in the market. And Salah has been very respectful of the club and the fans and given everything on field. But if 500K is true, I don’t think we will go there, I don’t even think we will go to 300K. So this coming summer, those other big clubs would sense that they can come in for the kill and would come circling around Salah and his agent.

I’m not sure what he is on at the moment but I thinks it’s probably around £250k.

If these reports are true and he is asking for 500k per week and therefore doubling his wages,
Something they know the club will never sign off on then for me this is like asking to be transfer listed - except doing it the cowards way.

We will see, I hope that it isn’t true, coming off the back of the pandemic and all but… we’ll see.

1 Like