Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Who is out top earner at the moment after all the extensions?

VVD

Mos worth every penny to us.
Be hard to get a replacement that will get you 25+ goals a season.

Donā€™t think the Ā£500k a week are true but truth is he could earn something close to that somewhere else.

1 Like

Can anyone see us offering him Ā£300k a week?

Ah the Mirror, it must be true ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I dont think hes worth 500k a week. Not just because of the amount but also because it breaks our wage structure. Once you do that you go down the Arsenal path.

Nobody is irreplaceable. It was true after Suarez and Coutinho and itll be true after Salah.

I think his top end after the incentives in a good season is around 400k, with a base of around 150-200k.

I suspect he is looking for more of that guaranteed up front.

Iā€™m sure heā€™s currently on 200k like Virgil and Thiago. Regarding the 500k I donā€™t believe it.

2 Likes

on one hand hes earnt it, on the other 500k gets you pretty close to Mbappe, who isnt 29/30 years old.

whatever happens i hope its done respectfully, if nothing else, hes earnt the rigth to leave with his reputation intact.

coments like ā€˜hes asking for a transfer the cowards wayā€™ is jumping two steps ahead in my mindā€¦we dont even know if the stories even realā€¦and if it isā€¦then the numbers he has posted are well worth the figure.

the biggest issue he has (and the club) is that past results is no garuntee of future performanceā€¦so its a financial risk too far for LFCā€¦

6 Likes

His production rate would earn him that money. Where would we be without him is the question people should be asking. We can go and search around and struggle to find someone that consistent for that long. I wouldnt pay Firmino or Mane that same amount , simply because they have slumped and not been as consistent as Salah. Alisson, Van Dijk and Salah are consistently class.

2 Likes

That is a fair point, but if you decide to go the Mbappe route and offer a 22yo 500K p/w then how much will you need to go upto in 2-3 years when you negotiate his contract extention?

International break clickbait articleā€¦ utter dogshit.

1 Like

if we ignore the actual figure and look at in terms of where our wages are, where our competitors wages are and what return we get for our money spent, i just wonder if the club are gonna do it, they wont do it on a ā€˜services renderedā€™ basisā€¦but on a services to be provided basisā€¦

where it leaves us on contract renewalsā€¦i dunnoā€¦but to renew Mbappes contract in three years, or buy a replacement for a 32/33 year old Mo Salah on 500k a week ā€¦your pretty much looking at some pretty scary figures either wayā€¦

1 Like

The tabloids just jump from player to player.

Can already see the headline in a few weeks after Salah signs his contract.

ā€˜Mane demands payrise to match Salahs wage. Mane and Salah have previously had issues of passing to one and other. Tension is high in Kirkbyā€™

Salah is on Ā£220k. Needs a bit of time for information to ā€œleakā€ about new extensions, if there is someone who surpassed Mo as the teamā€™s top earner.

Weā€™ll see if they agree somewhere in the middle or not.

No panic for me, the next 12 months or so is decisions time anyway. There will be some limits what we judge is best for us. If we canā€™t agree, we canā€™t agree and thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Itā€™s only PSG who will pay 500k per week and they will want a replacement for Mbappe next summer.

This one will play out like that I feelā€¦. If Salah doesnā€™t sign a new contract.

1 Like

Mane gets less than Keita, AOC??? :rofl:

Not sure if that is after all the current extensions.

I am guessing thatā€™s before the extensions

No way Mane extends to still be below those guys