Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

Mo got a fresh cut

2 Likes

I think we all assumed Salah would want to go but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the case anymore.

He is also evidently a 31 year old in tip top shape, Matip would worry me but a Salah deal with benefits on performance doesnā€™t concern me. I wouldnā€™t go for a 5 year one though 35 wouldnā€™t worry me.

2 Likes

Heā€™s definitely taking note of the players looking to leave already.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always assumed that he wouldnā€™t want to go unless heā€™s spent as a player. His sponsorships and endorsements are worth twice what our wages are to him and those will evaporate if heā€™s playing in a mickey mouse league.

I could see Salah moving to another European club but not to the elephantā€™s graveyard leagues unless he canā€™t keep up with the pace.

3 Likes

Youā€™re comparing Salah to Fab/Hendo? And who said anything about Matip?

2 Likes

+5 Speed

Fresh?

Presumably any offer from say the Saudi League would look to make up for those missed sponsorships and endorsements. I think the bigger issue in persuading him is the quality of the league.

Klopp

I donā€™t think any persuasion is needed. He wants the honours (both team and personal) and to write his name in the history books. That seems pretty clear from his words, what others say about him, and his performances

I was talking from a buyers perspective.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1748085880617676819

umbrella middle finger GIF

Itā€™s more of a blow for Egypt to me it simply didnā€™t look massively serious.

Posted elsewhere but he walked off and then walked normally down the tunnel.

3 Likes

If itā€™s a hamstring, he may as well come home now.

2 Likes

That sounds like decentish news under the circumstances. Weā€™d basically planned for him to be gone for another month, and so a tweek that forced him off but didnt alter his gate doesnt sound like it would change that timeline by itself. The concern is with Egypt now struggling, does he push to come back and end up making it much worse.

4 Likes

https://x.com/transfersector/status/1748078607103033530?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

1 Like

That would be my concern.

I assume we will know its seriousness, if he stays out there itā€™s probably slightly better news for us strangely. Unless itā€™s like that bloke who came home and then played in the Copa Del Ray :joy:

1 Like

If hes 50% fit, Egypt will play him. Thats my concern.

5 Likes

Season 1 Joyce GIF by Stranger Things

5 Likes