Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

They will want to keep him out there in case they reach the final… Do another assessment of him then me thinks

Fly him back if he wants.

A player who never gets injured picks up an injury on international duty.

Seriously, is anything actually working for us this season except for results without playing great football?

3 Likes

The way he was strolling around wouldn’t surprise me if he played carrying an injury like he did at the WC in Russia.
They’ll patch him up and finish him off in the next match the cunts.

Does this mean we’re gonna step up our pursuit of Mbappe in the next few weeks? :thinking:

It’s always a pleasure reading your posts, Jaff. Your sunny disposition really jumps off the screen.

1 Like

Being top of league
In all 3 cups

He was always going pick up an injury to me it looks like he was removed due to caution the way he was moving about didn’t seem serious once he was off the pitch but as Jaffod said they will probably risk him and that’s where the issue starts.

He should be coming home and we can fly the fucker back out if he is fit and somehow this team actually made it to the final (seriously I doubt they will), they were crap last time and look even worse, they were gifted a draw tonight.

Egypt coach on Salah’s injury:

“I think it’s not dangerous but let’s see.”

Glad to hear that it’s not a life threatening injury.

1 Like

Or infectious

2 Likes

Seems like being injured for LFC is infectious, cos everyone is catching it

1 Like

He’s missed something like 3 games due to injury in his Liverpool career. If there’s one player you’d expect not to get injured, it’s Salah.

Freaking injuries are threatening to derail the season once again.

2 Likes

That’s what you get with these stupid international tournaments in the midst of a regular season. Injuries over injuries.

Why can’t they organise all these tournaments at the same time? It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Hopefully his injury isn’t serious but keeps him out of the next game as Egypt may well be out after that.

1 Like

Because of the seasonal differences in weather. You can’t have a summer AFCON in some places.

Also other leagues that don’t run Sept-May get disrupted for summer tournaments.

How come he didn’t get injured in 21/22 then if it was always going to happen?

I mean, it’s easy for us to blame everything on internationals.

I mean he was due one.

I can’t be arsed with this shit again, his body would never have broke down if he had been at Anfield because he is some kind of cyborg.

Right ok.

The international situation around football is ridiculous.

Players are paid by clubs and teams plans are built round players availability. Their fitness is managed according to detailed plans to ensure injuries are minimised and mitigated.

Then players are taken by national team, in many cases staffed by people who are, frankly, basic. They play the player into the ground, and through injury, because they don’t give a fuck. They have the player for a few weeks, and their job is to wring as much out of that player as possible at the condition he is returned in is the Clubs problem.

Egypt will play Mo Salah on crutches if they have to. They won’t give a flying fuck if he worsens an injury. We had this Keita. We’d spend months getting him fit, and then Guinea would take him regardless, sometimes injured, and send him back in pieces.

2 Likes

England did this to Daniel Sturridge as well. He was injury prone and needed his game time managed. All England did was to wipe him out for the season.

5 Likes

Roy decided he wanted to test his ‘wesolve’ as I remember. Well, he certainly tested his resolve. Unfortunately he completely fucked him in the process. Never mind, as long as he was happy with his resolve.

1 Like

England U21s with Gomez

On this occasion I don’t particularly see the issue as these things happen and you can’t presume he was played with an injury.

However the club should be sending people out I feel.