Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

Musiala , Rodrygo are two names who can easily come in to our team.

Doubt that either would be easy to get though.

there can be a deal for Rodrygo considering Mbappe is moving to Madrid. Infact , thatā€™s the caliber of player I would be expecting to come right in. Donā€™t want to be sounding lazy to do the stats , But Sweeting can do a list of 23 wingers under 23 who tick most of the boxes that he does. Wonā€™t be many over him.

My hope is that Slot can get a system that allows Mo to get back to his best, based on his abilities now that heā€™s lost a touch of speed, but gained a better range of passing. He needs to be inside and move between the lines for that.

Then get Mo to sign a new deal before the Jan transfer window, even if only one year, to retain value.

Heā€™s a model pro, won everything with the club - weā€™ve lost a lot of big characters of late and I donā€™t want Mo added to that list just yet.

Even if he stays we still need another option on that side as he has lost some of his ability to beat his man and if heā€™s injured/off form, thereā€™s no one who can play there.

2 Likes

Oh yeah 100% - hence I think itā€™s crucial that Mo moves central - whether that be a False 9/No.9 type.

From a lot of what Iā€™ve read, Slot loves a fast winger - so I assume he will look to bring one in for that position.

2 Likes

Over the first half of the season he was probably disproportionately responsible for how well we were doing and over the second half disproportionately responsible for the drop off. It averaged out to an disappointing goal return when you remove pens (13 non penalty goals). There was a lot of talk about how he added creativity to his game this year, but that is not really reflected in his assist stats for the season and he added to this with a series of performances that outside of the stats badly failed the eye test.

Sure, there was AFCON and injuries, but they happened and are representative of the challenges players have to face when trying to sustain title winning form across a season. So we have to ask ourselves is how often do we expect the post AFCON Mo to show up again next season. As someone who is about to turn turn 32 in a couple of weeks you have to take the extended period of being less than expected seriously.

It is tough criticizing Mo because he has been such a star, is so well liked, and a player who so willingly carried the burden of trying to win things for us, but I am calm about the prospect of facing next season without him if that is what Hughes and Slot decide and can find a deal Mo is ok with.

2 Likes

Finding a deal that Mo is ok with is the tricky part. As it stands he has a year to go at one of the biggest teams in the world, where he is settled, and can have another tilt at the biggest prizes in his golden years as a player.

Next summer he will be on a Bosman, and with no transfer fee going to the club, he will pocket an enormous signing on bonus, wherever he goes.

Iā€™ve made peace with him winding his deal down, as that looks nailed on to me. I fully expect to see Mo in a Liverpool shirt next season, and if thatā€™s how it happens, hopefully he signs off with a nice trophy or two, the bigger the better.

I think we need to be looking to sign his replacement this summer, either way, so we are protected should Mo depart this summer, and/or we have a fast winger should Mo be moved inside.

Kudus is the drum Iā€™ve been banging, but there are others - Bakayoko, Williams, plenty more. We may even look for winger depth this summer with a lower signing with potential, like Summerville, and then splurge further on the position when Mo does leave next summer.

It is, but a message that he is not in the new managers plans and so will play far less than normal can usually grease those wheels. Plenty of players have heard that message, stayed to fight for their place and ended up being a success, so it is not a guarantee. But if there is agreement that it is best for him to move on all of a sudden deals that didnt look that great look more attractive.

1 Like

Yep. And Slot gets a free pass if he wants a clean slate, while we have the personnel above him, in Hughes and Edwards, to deal with the difficult negotiation.

Maybe thatā€™s how it will unfold, but if it does go down like that, the transfer fee for Mo will be less than what many fans would hope for.

Still, if I were king for a day, thatā€™s what Iā€™d do, and reinvest the money into the team that Slot will lead.

https://x.com/SamueILFC/status/1796843587587481687

:wink:

1 Like

More streamlined, so he should be faster.

He should go full Arne next time.

6 Likes

What about the beard though? The top of his head will be faster than his chin and heā€™ll end up staring at his boots.

9 Likes

He went straight to Turkey and apparently got a hair transplant, looks much better now with that new hairline tbf

Edit

https://x.com/SamueILFC/status/1796886269978358173

1 Like

He posted this 5 days after our last match. It takes approximately 10-14 days to recover from a hair transplant. So I donā€™t think he had one.

Even if I wouldnā€™t judge him. Itā€™s the time weā€™re living in and there are worse things like getting ribs removed to be able to facilitate autofellatio. :face_with_peeking_eye:

I read he had a dispute with his neighbourā€¦ apparently the final straw was when the neighbour came out like this to confront him once more - called him Krusty the Clown or something like thatā€¦ Anyway, buzz cut was born there and then :0)

1 Like

Have you had one, or did you Google it?

Iā€™ve googled it but I know a few guys who had one and scars were still visible after a week.

1 Like

Something is different tbf
https://x.com/LiamMLFC/status/1796883346674290792

I think he just shaved it off to give to Klopp as a leaving present.

6 Likes