Moises Caicedo (DM/CM/RB) Brighton and Hove Albion

Just woke up.

Anyway , from what I make of it.

Caicedo was probably our second choice with Lavia the third choice target.

There were tenuous links to Tchouameni this season and Liverpool probably waited till that transfer wasn’t possible before bidding the money on Caicedo. Lavia being the third target or smokescreen.

1 Like

I look at it slightly differently: Tchouameni was never an option, having chosen Real Madrid over us last summer and made it clear that he isn’t going anywhere this year.

We were therefore looking at Lavia, but the sudden influx of Saudi money for Henderson and Fabinho meant that we could shop at a higher level, and the powers that be obviously decided that Caicedo was worth the additional outlay.

1 Like

There’s never enough and never too much!

Make It Rain Money GIF

Jorg on the phone to Brighton

1 Like

So the club doesn’t know what it’s doing? They have only splashed the cash on Caicedo to appease the plebs on social media?

Ultimately, the “real pros” have decided that Moises is worth the extra money. And that is all that matters.

4 Likes

It’s what pretty much every club does. Even at lower levels, scouts try to identify the best young talent and then sell those players on to bigger clubs.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1689859147884355584

2 Likes

Maybe one day people will learn that this is how to get through a transfer window without getting yourself wound up.

2 Likes

Wow what a first post! Come on don’t be shy, we only bite those who don’t evolve :wink:

Mate you must have some serious mixed emotions right now given how you went to bat for Lavia.

I do feel a little for Lavia. But then he could have been a little more accommodating to make a move happen and force Southampton’s hand.

I am absolutely loving fucking over Chelsea though given our history 10 years ago of missing out on players to them at the last minute.

Losing Henderson, Milner, Fab, Keita, Ox and replacing with Mac, Szobo, Caicedo… in 2 months.

That is some rapid transformation.

2 Likes

I think we’ll see Trent in a more traditional RB role this season with Caicedo coming into DM.

Not too much of Trent going into a hybrid #6 role and leaving the right side open for long balls to be pinged.
(4-1-2-3)

The other option is for Trent to be permanently in Midfield with Robbo / Virgil / Konate as a back three. (3-2-2-3)

1 Like

[https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1689869583220445184]

Very surprised to see us pay this fee. Excited to get a DM that can dominate from the getgo and our midfield is chalk and cheese to last year (at a fairly reasonable(in this market) net cost of ~150m in fees) which is very cool. Significantly it tells me that we pulled out of the Jude deal because he didn’t want to sign for us rather than $$ as Jude would have been an even better signing for similar dollars (and we could have afforded the extra wages).

1 Like

I think it’s time we all repaid the Boss Man the respect he is due.

No JK, no deal.

2 Likes

And our secret plant, of course…

200w (2)

2 Likes

Some interesting analysis from Opta:

He was often joined in that double pivot by one of either Gross or Liverpool-bound Alexis Mac Allister, with his partner playing more of a creative role in possession, while Caicedo was the defensive ball-winner.

1 Like

You watch…all of a sudden we will be lauded as being in the hunt for the PL.

The state of punditry is so shite they all just parrot whatever the latest big news story is.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1689877873476145152?s=20

It’s Joyce official

5 Likes

I don’t wish to bore folks with a long-winded analysis, so here is a quick vid that summarizes last night’s events…