Moises Caicedo (DM/CM/RB) Brighton and Hove Albion

Caicedo has said he wants Chelsea
Brighton have said if Chelsea won’t pay at least as much as Liverpool then Caicedo has to choose between Liverpool and Brighton
Liverpool think he might just be trying to leverage a higher wage.

3 Likes

Nope. Had that been the case , we would have been in more contact with him/his camp/agent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this at all was a friendly understanding between Liverpool and Brighton to get Chelsea to lose more money.

It appears we did but from reports seems Chelsea have flashed more cash at him.

Yeah but in the meantime we end up without our chosen midfielder.

We can do better with that kind of money. Just sign Lavia before his price goes up by 10 million nd trigger Inacio’s clause. Andre is easy as he will be in the Brazilian league till December.

No not necessarily. It’s a fluid situation that is happening right now.

Jude’s gone mate.

I’m taking a break. See youse later. Mind don’t waste such a beautiful Friday on the screens

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that the player wants CFC. Reminds me of the Nabil Fekir transfer and how the agent was behind the entire deal collapsing.

Highly doubt we’d bother engaging in nonsense like that.

We’ve probably always held an interest but knew that Chelsea had done all the leg work with the player and the selling club so thought any chance of a deal was near impossible.

1 Like

Someone made his first post as a welcome song for Caicedo.

Damn , what a way to make an entry.

So am I playing some golf, I expect that we sign Lavia later this afternoon. :ghost:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1689974411103805440?t=hZu9Uhg1KfEwSH0BC6Lz5Q&s=19

That’s it. Don’t want this guy.

2 Likes

Feel like100 million saved. I know it’s not my money but then.

3 Likes

We’ve got a good understanding with Brighton. Two clubs with similar owners , similar style of playing football.

It can easily be a quid pro quo. My view is that you do them a favour and they’ll be inclined to do a favour later down the line.

Bonkers.

Paying someone over 100 million who does not want to join makes no sense. Fsg just walk away and get Lavia and another decent player that would love to play for us for less.

1 Like

If he wants Chelsea, leave him to it. We need quality players, and he is that, but we also need players committed to the cause. So move on.

The tricky part is now teams know we have money, so I suspect we will spend it on players with clauses, instead of protracted back and forth deals with multiple bids.

Lavia.
Inacio.
Trinidade in January, but deal done now.
And possibly Veiga, but loan him back to develop further.

Yesterday this geezer wasn’t even publicly in the reckoning, so no harm done! We do now know though that funds are there for the right player. Onwards!

1 Like

I’d rather go for Moises Caicedo the first. He’s surely better than the 55th in the list? :wink: