Moises Caicedo (DM/CM/RB) Brighton and Hove Albion

That’s the seller’s prerogative.

Oh No Please GIF by CBC

Is it him?

I don’t care about a player that can’t decide where he wants to go, especially Chelsea in their current state. I could understand Arsenal last season. The guys prostituting himself to all “comers”.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1689633226409881600?s=20

as we all knew.

The amount you can justify spending on something is proportional to the amount you need it. As the situation changes so to does the needs. I dont get why people are so insistent on treating this like a static situation.

Over the past 12 months or so we have gone through the following stages:

1. had a surplus of midfielders collectively producing a group the manager was happy with but still thought was 1 or 2 too many

2. whittled the group down to the size he wanted while supplementing it with 2 top talents he wanted to rebuild around

3. Made the decision to accelerate the turn over of the senior players due to unexpectedly good deals on the table.

It is surely pretty apparent how the conclusions on what we need and how much we can justify spending, and therefore the identity of the targets might change. Especially as we go from phase 2 to phase 3

We may still end up going for Lavia, but if he was viewed as good young talent who could be got an acceptable fee and given time to grow into his role, then we’d consider changing tack now the situation has changed and the fee required is approaching that required of someone we like in the next echelon.

2 Likes

Yes, he is the one.

Cheers. Bring him in I say. :+1:

Comparing the Jupiler league to the PL2 is a huge stretch. Can’t comment on the Ecuadorian leagues.

The fastest 100 posts??? :thinking:

How much could we have got Caicedo for in January?

We got Cody Gakpo instead.

I don’t think we could have, I think Brighton have been pretty strong on this and said he was not for sale at any price, they did however verbally agree he could leave in the summer.

1 Like

Gakpo to replace Bobby, not play DM

1 Like

He wasnt for sale - thats why Brighton are unhappy with Chelsea, who tried to force one.

Yeah but you buy Gakpo, does Gakpo cost more this summer?

It’s swing and rounadabouts, Brighton had made it clear he wasn’t for sale. Gakpo was and we got Gakpo.

When we went for him late last summer he was cheaper but that’s an entirely different matter.

Exactly. It was clear that Arsenal had money to spend in Jan and wanted him yet couldn’t make it happen, so imaging that there was some missed opportunity with us is fanciful.

Bloke at work has interesting theory.
Real want Mbappe - but cannot afford him now so wouldve needed to sell someone and we could go for Touchemeni (no idea if correct spelling) if Real approached PSG…but Mbappe has come out and said he isnt leaving this summer.
So with that LFC have jumped to Caicedo as they were waiting for Touchemeni but thats not likely now.

We will never know if correct but sounds plausible.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1689648277694955520?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1689647896491347969?s=20

I agree that our pursuit of Caicedo seems like a bluff (just like Chelsea’s bid for Lavia), but it’s not out of the question. Caicedo will cost less than Bellingham. Jude went for 115M + high wages + I’m sure all sorts of additional fees and payments. Caicedo will likely cost significantly less in terms of total outlay even if we end up spending 100M on him.

No, but we can guess it’s wide of the mark on the basis that Tchouameni being available is complete made up nonsense.

The idea we would be pausing our work to wait for a player who has turned us down once and has established himself as a key piece in the Real side who despite their strength in numbers dont really have a like for like alternative for him is fever dream stuff.

2 Likes