Most disliked pundit

Don’t they just boot it? :thinking:

5 Likes

Come on @cynicaloldgit there’s no need for that!!! It seems to me that you have a beef with Wellington. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

We’ve had Schmeichel as a studio analyst for the games this week in the US. I dont think Ive ever seen anyone with such an absence of a personality. It uncomfortable to watch.

2 Likes

How do you people rate Phil McNulty??? I used to like his analysis, but recently his analysis looks something like cut-paste from TAN posts.

1 Like

Nothing much insightful in his stuff, it’s fine if your bored but not much to it, doesn’t go for the absolute hyperbowl rubbish you see elsewhere from people without a brain cell

1 Like

It may ruffle some feathers, but I don’t like Carragher. In fact, I would have disliked him more/earlier if he weren’t a Liverpool legend.

6 Likes

Sanctimonious tax dodger being just the latest reason.

6 Likes

It’s a joke, right!!!

Never liked the smarmy jug eared cunt.

3 Likes

Yes i agree, it’s so easy to sit there and criticise, but he never ever gives any constructive critisism. Plus his fucking voice gets on my nerves
Think he’s still sulking because Liverpool never gave him a coaching job when he finished his playing day’s

7 Likes

I have been on the fence about Richards, but he gave some really interesting perspectives in Carra’s podcast. Richards describes himself as the textbook physically talented kid who didn’t really learn how to play the game in his youth days. It means that even after getting into the first team and playing for England there was a lot he didnt know he should have be doing. He commented to Carra that the quality he and Neville showed in the playing careers means they look for perfection in their analysis and point out where players went wrong in a given situation. Richards never saw the game the same way they did so instead he tries to point out what a player may have been incorrectly focusing on when they make the mistakes being highlighted.

You get there is variability even at the highest level in how well different players read the game, but it’s fascinating to hear someone who made it to the level Richards did be so open about his own limitations of reading the game even now, especially when compared to players he views as having been far superior to himself (as he seems to with Carra and Neville).

3 Likes

I like Richards. Strikes me as a fairly open and honest guy. On the rare occasions I get to watch MOTD, I find myself hoping he is on the panel. He is certainly one of the few that appear to be fun to have a beer with.

1 Like

No not a “legend” for me. I have only about 10 I would class as legends and sorry Jamie you aren’t one of them.

He would have to be in the same league as Dalglish, Keegan, Rush, Gerrard, Hunt and he isn’t even close.

10 Likes

Not all pundits, but presenters as well.

Adrian Chiles ( not that he does it anymore, but i hated his smug fucking face )
Jonathan Pearce, his voice just annoys me to my very core lol
Robbie Savage…no words needed

2 Likes

Legend or not, he was a Liverpool player. I’m rather indignant that I cheered this cunt for so many years.

1 Like

So, not really an expert, getting paid serious money to give the same insights as any amateur. He isnt remotely interesting and is actually just annoying.

1 Like

They mess around in defence, they just give it a big welly as far as they can.

When Carragher started I liked his punditry a lot. Thought he dissected the game well. Then he started towing the SKY line which he did even worse after the spitting incident. Now you can’t take him seriously. Talks through his backside.

2 Likes

I actually liked Neville at first but they’ve both got very tired.

3 Likes

Still Martin Tyler for me,the whole arse kissing of Sergio Aguero on the final day and the reenacting of his “Aguer-ooOOOOOOOO” commentary over the tannoy,plus giving him a signed copy of his matchday notes for that QPR game made me cringe and a little sick in my mouth.

4 Likes