Most disliked pundit

Yeah Sky had hit an whole time low tonight with Neville talking up a very poor Spurs team and Merson and Redknapp saying nothing in the studio.

Wasn’t aware of his Heath issues but as a manger who actually had a set up it doesn’t surprise me he is good on analysis.

3 Likes

Richards is shit.

It’s like Sky are just mixing different characters, not having too much of the Keane/Souness type (and when you add Carra & Nev to it, it’s quite similar thinking), which I agree with, but not caring much if it’s not football quality, just someone who dares to laugh at Keane par example.

Richards sounds like a fanboy who once played a certain level of football.

CBS is hillarious when Micah joins the likes of Carra and Roberto Martinez (a really nice addition).

2 Likes

Danny Higginbotham, ugly prick, really annoying accent, pisses me off enormously and his names hard to spell!

2 Likes

Good call :clap:. I really loved his opinion/analysis. What’s he up to these days, don’t recall seeing him recently.

1 Like

Head coach of Belgium. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, was just reading the Wikipedia. Funny that he didn’t really stand out with club management but doing really good with the NT.

Curbs did some studio stuff but got into trouble for some pretty awful language he used on one his appearances and hasnt been seen from since. I think it was referring to a “rape” of a player due to how much he’d been over powered.

4 Likes

Yeah Martinez has been good when I saw him on TV.

1 Like

He’s a likeable guy in general and has very good knowledge of the game (or way of explaining things). Sometimes I was always wondering if he’s maybe too nice in the dressing room. Unusual career so far it must be said, but I rate him as a pretty good coach. Will be interesting to see what else he does in his career.

What about pundits covering other leagues? Are they any good?

The La Liga TV ones seem ok, I loved BT sports European football show but they stopped it after losing Serie A, they are all journalists.

Dunno if that would help to be honest.

1 Like

RTE in Ireland used to be fantastic. Regulars of Johnny Giles, Liam Brady and Eamonn Dunphy. They were supplemented by the likes of Souness, Hamann, Ardiles, Toshack. Giles and Dunphy have been retired and replaced. Some are excellent like Richie Sadlier some are awful like Kenny Cunningham and some are annoying like Damian Duff.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s one annoying prick :nauseated_face:

Mind it, I watched him just once. :grimacing:

Not a big fan of Sadlier tbh. They’ll never replace Dunphy/Giles on European nights with their guest pundits as you list. Worth the watch for them alone regardless of who was playing.

And i forgot Bill Herlihy! he was the perfect host with them guys

2 Likes

Ah Billo was immense. Him and Des Lynam would have made the smoothest hosted programme ever.

1 Like

Shearer: "I always think at Anfield, the fans are a tad more respectful to you as an opposing player than at a lot of other grounds. At other grounds, certainly with me, I got absolutely battered.

“It was one of the toughest places because they always had such a great team.”

Richards: "It is horrible. You go through the tight tunnel and they have the badge above and everyone is slapping it. You look at Steven Gerrard and he is there and you are just in awe of the guy. He would always set the tempo, first tackle, and he used to get away with all sorts. You never used to get a decision there.

“In the league, I’d definitely not won there. Maybe in the cup. When you’re playing, you feel confident sometimes, but when you go to Anfield it is like you have your legs on backwards. You cannot play a simple ball. It is like a fortress. I never had a great memory from Liverpool. They were just too good.”

Well FMD…even Richards managed to say something sensible…

2 Likes

About Stamford Bridge…

Lineker: “It was always not a very nice pitch and not a very welcoming place. This is one of my more extraordinary stories. We once arrived really early, you’d go out on the pitch, kill a bit of time, look a the playing surface and see what studs you are going to wear, etc. I walked back to the tunnel area and there were quite a few kids. I stopped to sign a few autographs. Suddenly I heard this voice from up above, a woman’s voice. I look up and it’s an old woman and she says ‘Lineker! You diving…’ A lovely welcome.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Richards has never heard of the dell? I’m only 3 years older and I had a chance of getting a ticket once.

I did like the Dell in a way

1 Like

Aw, sweet.

I could have even guessed that Lineker said that.

:joy:

1 Like

I was watching the A League ( something in the background while I was working) and the punditry on that was even worse than the PL, one guy was getting irate by a marginal hand ball call when Bosnich (him of the nazi salute) piped in why it had been given, they then had a massive discussion on why the scenario Bosnich had come up with was right/wrong.

At no point had that scenario been confirmed for the reason why VAR had allowed it and to be honest I still wasn’t 100% sure the guy had handled it, looked more the elbow and was unintentional.

Anyhow it’s probably the quality but Wellington pass it beautifully at times. The standard is probably not great but unlike the lower leagues in England they are at least trying to play.